X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

Mad Max 4? Will it ever happen?

Mad Max was great, to me Road Warrior even better, i cant stand thunderdome. But is that it for good? Any talk of a possible 4th film?

I dont even think they made any sort of Special edition to the Raod Warrior.
  • RG
    Removed.
    • Oct 1, 2004

I know they said they were going to start work on MM4, 3 or 4 years ago, but something happened with where they planed on filming along with other issues, so it was put on hold. I guess it's plot and screenplay etc. are all written and back when they talked about it being made it was going to be called Mad Max 4 Fury Road or something like that. I have a feeling that if it were to be made now, Mel wouldn't be part of it and that would kill the movie before they finished filming it.

I like to think that there are only the two movies and that Thunderdome never happened Also with how Thunderdome turned out maybe it's best there most likely won't be a 4th. If they do make a 4th and could recapture what they had in 1 and 2 that would be great, but I'm not going to hold my breath

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

I don't think anyone in the financial/career situation that Gibson is in
      is ever gonna want to make (or help to make) a sequel to MAD MAX
      (or LETHAL WEAPON for that matter)
      (Gibson is like almost a billionaire now, isn't he?---and more interested in
      producing from what I hear)

My belief is that only a STAR WARS or INDY JONES could spark
      an interest in someone like Gibson to participate in a sequel, and since
      he has nothing to do with those two huge and secure franchises---well, I
      think the chances of seeing another MAD MAX are about 1000 to 1
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

i think if all these sequels like Indy do really well,there's a chance you might see it
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Besides with his run-in with the law from awhile back,would anyone go see Mel in another Mad Max movie?

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

Really I was thinking about if a MM4 was made last night, and it got me thinking about how the first 2 were made by Kennedy and Miller, one was killed in an accident after the Road Warrior and he was the "stunt action" half of the team (I think he was Kennedy, but can't remember which name was which)

I'm sure without his input is why Thunderdome sucked so bad and I'd guess that if the 4th is ever made it will follow in Thunderdome footsteps and not the first two

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
              i think if all these sequels like Indy do really well,there's a chance you might see it
              Indy WILL do really well (others I can't say)

That was my point

There's no way MAD MAX is even in the same league with the INDY franchise
              ---so the risk is that much greater and that's why it most likely won't happen

I mean, was the moderate success of Terminator 3 or the "barely anything"
              success of ROCK BALBOA anything that spectacular? I don't think Mel
              will have anything to do with a sequel come hell or highwater
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• txteach
                Banned
                • Jun 17, 2005

I think anything Mel Gibson does will be a hit. Putting aside his personal problems the guy is a great actor and director.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

I wouldn't argue that it wouldn't be a hit. I also think Gibson is talented.
                  And his talent has led him to being very successful---

What I'm saying is "time is money" and its the "SIZE of the hit" that
                  I'm sure Gibson would be concerned about----either that or his passion for producing
                  a product would come into play, and frankly, making a sequel to a franchise that was
                  on the downslope many years ago doesn't seem like it would be that appetizing for a
                  billionaire producer and talented actor like Gibson

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Dark Horizons reported that a reboot movie, with a new cast, was in the works...Last I've heard though.
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• batmanmc
                      mego batman collector
                      • Jun 22, 2004

there is a chance as long as mel gibson signs ons. if he doesnt then i doubt it will happen.

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

If it happens, I think it will happen without Mel.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It'll happen sooner or later. "Mad Max" is a known name, and that's what execs want these days.

And it seems like I'm the only one who didn't absolutely hate "Thunderdome." I didin't think it was anywhere's near as good as the first two... but it was a decent "B" film. I think the extra polish (AND musical number in the middle) is what killed it. The first two were cheap, ugly films... which fit the material perfectly. The third was a typical mainstream production.

The fourth....?

Don C.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

I for one would love to see this movie made!!
                            Max Rockitansky is one of the greatest characters ever created.I wish this movie could be done soon.I felt even as bad as it stunk MMBT had a few classic max scenes.I really don't give a crap about Mels personal problems or demons.Is he a good actor?Yes.Is he a good director?Yes.Is he a good human being I don't give a crunch,he is not one of my personal friends.Long live Max!!!
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• tmthor
                              God of Knock-offs
                              • Nov 29, 2005

I think if they do another mad max movie it will be a remake

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎