X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Retro Action Green Arrow back in stock on Matty May 17

Good news for those that missed him first time around.

MattyCollector.com Online Store Sale

MattyCollector.com Online Store - Green Arrow
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Great news for those that missed him, now they don't have to pay these ridiculous prices I see on eBay and even in the Marketplace, because he's "rare" and "sold out"
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Agent of SHIELD
      • May 10, 2007

The weird thing is that a the status of their figure had changed to Sold Out, which is why I bought one off of someone else, not expecting Matty to restock.

On the top link above they defined the terms.

March 15, 2010
      By Matty

MattyCollector.com Fans,

We’ve heard some of you have been confused by the product status descriptions in our shop, and frankly, so were we! So, we decided to do a little housecleaning and have standardized the descriptions. Now, when you see a product status, it’ll mean the same thing across the board.

After a complete review and lots of discussion, these are the only categories that made the cut, and their explanations:

Coming Soon
      These are products that are expected to be sold in the near future. Once a sale date has been established, the date will show in the product description.

On Sale Now
      Products that are available for purchase are designated On Sale Now.

Out of Stock
      These are products that have sold out of the stock on hand. Additional shipments are expected, but not currently scheduled. Products move to Coming Soon status when an on-sale date has been finalized.

Almost Gone
      Products that are nearly sold out of available supplies get this designation to let fans know stock is low. Once the product is gone, its status changes to the appropriate designation (Out of Stock, Sold Out).

Sold Out
      These are products that are sold out of stock and not expected to be available again. Includes limited-run San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, and various other products.

So there you have it. If we ever do feel the need to change them or add another category (which we seriously hope we never have to do again), we’ll let you know. We’ll also be adding these explanations to our FAQs, so you can always refer to them there.

—Matty

Comment

• spamn
        Minty and All-Original!
        • Mar 28, 2002

The first run lasted a week or so. I'll bet that these sell out faster. I certainly won't make the mistake of waiting this time.

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

I wonder if there will be any changes to the figure?
          sigpic

Comment

• the angry orc
            • Jan 5, 2010

good news for folks that missed out on him the first time. he is the best of the line so far imo.

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

Thanks,

I am glad I have the opportunity to buy it again. I didn't get it the first time around. I never saw the original one when I was a kid.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I was lucky enough to score one, and it convinced me to invest in the line. I now have the first wave, in the versions I prefer.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• JimCem99
                  New Yorker stuck in Hell!
                  • Jan 30, 2010

Looks like Doc was right when he said that these were going to be available soon.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                    House of a thousand Megos
                    • Aug 10, 2009

I would like to have one but if they sell out then I will just get an original, I never did have one.
                    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• the angry orc
                      • Jan 5, 2010

the original = one of the best megos ever...imo.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                        Mego Preservation Society
                        • May 2, 2003

Thats great news. My daughter asked me for a Green Arrow the other day, now I can surprise her

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• geoffdude
                          Banned
                          • Apr 18, 2009

Well, where there's good news with Mattel, there's always the "yang" with Mattel as well.

The May 17th release date for GA is also the same time/day that the most difficult of DC figures to ever find at retail will also be re-released. Wave 5 sets (Walmart exclusive wave) of DCUC goes on sale that day too.. plus other stuff (Ghostbusters & MOTU figures). It's going to be an experience trying to get anything that day, to say the least.

That Wave 5 is going to be a real site killer though.
                          Last edited by geoffdude; Mar 25, '10, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Subscribing as a reminder that I want GA. I bought GL but have to return him. I want them both. Maybe 2 of each if the quality is there. The GL I bought has a waist issue and if he's flying, his legs fall, he won't stay straight. I'm sure it is a stringing issue but I'm taking him back.

Will GA ever go to a Store like TRU?
                            —-
                            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                            - Captain Spock
                            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

Green Arrow is a mattycollector exclusive - it will never be in Toys R Us.

I asked my guy at Mattel if we could put him in a later line-up if he sells
                              out quickly. Since there are so many characters they want to see in
                              this format, it isn't likely that a spot will be given to an already released
                              character.

Translation: Buy them when on May 17th while you can.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎