X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Diamond finally shipping DC Retro Heroes

Got my UPS Tracking notice and they should be arriving here tomorrow. I am guessing this means you will be seeing them in more comic shops as well. I ordered 2 of each, and they are shortshipping me by only sending one Superman. I guess we know what the most popular figure is.

• drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

I just got word from Amok Time - who buys them straight from Mattel -
    that he is expecting his shipment in the next week.

The wholesale price on these from Mattel is over $15.00 per figure.
    I don't know what Diamond is wholesaling them for.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Flynne
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 22, 2003

That is good news. The hunt continues...
      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by drmego
        I just got word from Amok Time - who buys them straight from Mattel -
        that he is expecting his shipment in the next week.

The wholesale price on these from Mattel is over $15.00 per figure.
        I don't know what Diamond is wholesaling them for.
        Not much of a deal, almost $17 per figure, plus shipping, enough for me to decide not to sell them.

Comment

• kazombie1967
          • Dec 13, 2009

AMOK TIME sucks...I placed an order two weeks ago waiting on the figures and I inquire about my order and they say 30-45 days to get my order for the RETRO figures...forget that. I cancelled the order yesterday.

Comment

• kazombie1967
            • Dec 13, 2009

Diamond Price

$15.99 each from Diamond....I ordered mine through there..

Comment

• Flynne
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by kazombie1967
              $15.99 each from Diamond....I ordered mine through there..
              Really? Awesome - do you have a link for that?
              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I got my shipment of 4 sets in today from Diamond Distributors. None of them were sweating or leaking. All the Luthors had stitched straps.

The Diamond wholesale price is $16.67 with a suggested retail price of $25.99, which is what I'm going to attempt to sell mine for.

Kazombie1967 must have a better discount rate than I do, although my understanding the Mattel discount through Diamond is a straight 35 % off retail.

Flynne, you can only order from Diamond Distributors if you have a buisness tax ID # and an account with Diamond Distributors. Diamond is the distribution agent for comic book stores and other retail businesses. Diamond does not sell items at retail to individuals.

If he don't sell, they look still look nice on display and I can further fill out my custom GL corps with the GLs if they don't move.
                Last edited by madmarva; Mar 24, '10, 9:08 PM.

Comment

• the angry orc
                  • Jan 5, 2010

awesome pic! are you going to sell them as sets or individually? couple of the comic stores here will only do sets (which i understand) b/c they would be left with like 5 sinestros.

Comment

• geoffdude
                    Banned
                    • Apr 18, 2009

Most comic stores prefer you order in advance.. and it actually works out better for all if it's done that way. When these were solicited through PREVIEWS a few months back each was available for order as singles. I had thought about getting mine through Diamond, but ended up ordering through AMAZON, then actually finding them at TRU. Waiting to buy these from a comic store, after they have arrived, means you'll probably see higher prices on most of these.

Here's what I would have paid on a Diamond pre-order:
                    JAN101452-WORLDS GREATEST DC HEROES HAL JORDAN RETRO AF - $20.79
                    That's w/no tax, and included w/my monthy comics order ($5.99 flat rate monthly shipping).

* BTW- I just picked up a set of 4 for $17.49 each w/$10 TRU coupon from a Sunday paper few weeks back. Best deal I've seen so far.

g.
                    Last edited by geoffdude; Mar 25, '10, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• hartley0
                      Repatriator
                      • Oct 14, 2008

They've hit the shelves in Canada

Serendipity strikes!!

At lunch I went into one of our local comic shops here in Vancouver to grab copies of Alter Ego and Back Issue and -VOILA!- there they were: Superman, GL, Sinestro, and Luthor! I picked up Superman and GL, and with taxes they came to $26.75 each (about the same in USD, as our dollars are almost par). Which is a great price by me especially as I got to support my local store and reminisce about Megos with the staff!! Long gone are the days when I would have spent an hour or more of my time and equal amounts of mental energy searching out a way to save a few bucks on these. With the time saved, heck, I got to write this message!!

They are here, it's now, and all that's left to do is decide whether to open them or not... hmmmm...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎