Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caelonfox
    • Aug 7, 2008

Problems with New Retro Emblems

I know we have all talked about the cracking of Gl's and Superman's Emblems, but no one has really offered up any suggestions.

I was looking at my sons' Superman and I noticed that the entire emblem has been heat sealed. The Fantastic 4 emblems on the Megos only had the outer edge or rim (since it's a circle) sealed. I think the older emblems were a tad thicker as well.

I definitely think this problem needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, because brand new figures like these shouldn't have the emblems crack up after one playing.

If they heat seal them from the outside edges only and thicken them a little, it wouldn't matter if you stretched the fabric, it still wouldn't crack the emblem in the middle.

Any thoughts?
    Firefighter/Mego Collector
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I think the emblems suck...they should be thicker.

Comment

• bleit1701
      Career Member
      • Jan 1, 2009

The old FF emblems are a thick plastic like the old puffy stickers that were heat sealed on the suit. The new ones look like a silk screen that stretches with the material and unfortunately cracks.
      Better late than never.....

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

the new one is thin heat sealed, not silk screened.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think if they used a thicker transfer, this issue would be resolved.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Agent of SHIELD
            • May 10, 2007

Some do seem thicker than others. Could it be something they already addressed in the factory?

GL emblem picks in this thread:

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=38839

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I was thinking the same thing, guessing the first ones rushed out have more issues than the later ones. Luckily my TRU is soooo slow, I'll get the later ones.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

If it becomes too much a problem we could get stickers sized just right made from our box guys and put them over the top like the Megos.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎