X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Join the CB Convoy

Thanks to my sister, my family got all into the "CB Craze" of the mid seventies, my first conversation with a "real live trucker" was him telling me to get the hell off that channel.

That must have been really annoying, you have this great semi private form of communication and then all of a sudden every dork and his unsupervised spawn are on there as well. I went by the handle of "Red Godzilla" by the way...
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

My ex hubby had a CB in his truck. His handle was Tonka Truck.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• saildog
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 9, 2006

I vividly remember my improvised lyrics to "Convoy" nearly getting getting me killed. "We're gonna roll this trucking convoy across the USA" turned into...well you can imagine. Now, my Old Man HATED the F-word....but I could see my Mom trying to hide the fact that she was giggling and that made it hard for me to keep a straight face while I was being scolded by Dad. It was a definite spiral from there.

Well, at least we can all laugh about it now.

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

****ing great post! I just made a copy of Convoy off the MGMHD channel - 10-4 good buddy!
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• spamn
          Minty and All-Original!
          • Mar 28, 2002

My dad's handle was 'The Empty Stringer'. In case that doesn't mean anything to you, a stringer is what you put all your fish on once you catch them to carry them home.

I can't for the life of me remember mine, though we had that thing going on every family car trip, and got yelled at a bunch by truckers too.

Why has there never been a rock group called 'The Citizen's Band?'

Comment

• pooper_prez
            Museum Patron
            • Sep 20, 2007

My dad had one. I recorded some trucker conversations on my prized desktop cassette recorder and played them back over the CB a few minutes later, causing all sorts of annoyance.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎