X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Doctor Who Video Games... THIS YEAR!

Finally after years of being pretty much barren in terms of video games, the good Doctor is finally headed to consoles. Nintendo is the first to jump on board with popular Wii and DS titles planned. Check it out!

Infinite Hollywood: Doctor Who Wii & DS Games Announced
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Good to see, I'm surprised they haven't brought any out before now come to think of it.

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

last who vg I remember was the one for Comodore 64 where colin was the Doctor

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

There have been a few Doctor games out there from the very begining of home computing in the 80's, Doctor Who: The First Adventure , The Key To Time Doctor Who and the Warlord and Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror were all released for formats on bbc micro/c64/amstrad/spectrum. The only one I have is Mines of Terror which is ..well it was the 80's right. I remember a proper pinball machine that was pretty damn cool, then nothing until Dalek Attack in the early 90's which was an excellent scrolling platform game...what was great was you could be the 2nd, 4th or 7th Doctor and have either ai help or a second player as Ace, the Brig or K-9. All versions of the Daleks including davros and special weapons daleks were in it...great game for it's time on the amiga. then there was Destiny of the Doctors on cd-rom which had pre recorded segments acted out with Anthony Ainley as the Master (his last work before he died), and you could be any Doctor (1-7), with the surviving actors recording new dialogue, a voice actor for Doctors 1 and 2 and Pertwee's voice taken from tv shiows (as he's died prior to recording stuff) and the game was played inside the Tardis, it had a Doctor Who database in the console room and monsters included ice warriors, sontarens, Daleks, Cybermen, sea devils/silurians, autons, zygons, yeti and suprisingly quarks. It was quite frankly a mess of a game and even though I still go back to it on occassion i've never managed to progress far into the game.
        Then there was the cash in top trumps game on modern systems and the downloadable games from the bbc website which were free in the uk and were very good to be honest...can't wait for the Wii game with sonic screwdriver Wii controller.
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎