X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Emce body Swap or two...........

Changed it up a bit! My kids and i agreed to use these heads for superman and Green Lantern. These figures look great with the Emce bodies.

• Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Those do look great indeed
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Wow! Is it the photo or does the replacement Superman head really look that good? GL is also outstanding. It's amazing what a little tweak can do. Great job! You're work is inspiring.
      Last edited by Chris; Mar 11, '10, 7:59 AM.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

Emce body Swap or two...........

Originally posted by Chris
        Wow! Is it the photo or does the replacement Superman head really look that good? GL is also outstanding. It's amazing what a little tweak can do. Great job! You're work is inspiring.
        The replacement Superman and Green Lantern heads really look that good on the Mattel costumes (Superman is in a Mego type2 body, whilst the others are all on a configuration of Emce and Castaway body). The boots that are on Superman + GL are my personal favorite choice for the ultimate comic book look. The pics don't do them any justice; in person....these figures.....ROCK!!!

P.S. You could also go with the original Mego Superman head (also looks great), I just didn't care for Mattel Superman head.
        Last edited by Ivaniski; Mar 11, '10, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

I believe it! Thx for posting the pix. Like you I like the Mattel heads but if it can be improved upon than let's do it.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

What are those GL and Superman heads? Where are they from? Can I get them?
            —-
            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
            - Captain Spock
            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

I swore to myself I'd leave the new stuff alone and not start customizing, but I really am leaning toward switching bodies. Always have, and still do, think the Mego type 2 body is the closest you can get to what a super hero would look like in real life.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
                I swore to myself I'd leave the new stuff alone and not start customizing, but I really am leaning toward switching bodies. Always have, and still do, think the Mego type 2 body is the closest you can get to what a super hero would look like in real life.
                Yeah but add the Cast-A-Way swivel Biceps, with bulked up Shoulders...and they look much more Heroic.
                sigpic

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Castaway

Originally posted by The Bat
                  Yeah but add the Cast-A-Way swivel Biceps, with bulked up Shoulders...and they look much more Heroic.
                  I'm thinking I'm going to have to order Castaway bodies because the GL and Sinestro I just got are, well, defective.

I will contact Mattel. I may shoot a video tomorrow and post it depending on their response.

My 30 year old Trek guys are more usable than this new state of the art stuff.
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2004

Sinestro yellow suit

Also, my son wants the Sinestro Yellow suit he wore in Final Flight

If anyone makes one, post a pic and PM me also, thanks.
                    —-
                    - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                      House of a thousand Megos
                      • Aug 10, 2009

I think the new figures are all awesome if they made a Sinestro in the yellow suit that would be so awesome.
                      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

Who's got replacement heads?

Comment

• cdhall
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2004

Loose

Originally posted by Trappy Trek Freak
                          I think the new figures are all awesome if they made a Sinestro in the yellow suit that would be so awesome.
                          Really? I've bought 5 so far. Opened 3 and the bodies are wobbly. They won't stay straight for example if you hold them horizontally. Unacceptable I think. But I am calling Mattel, last time they said they'd want to see them but I took it back to the store.

This time I bought them to send them to Mattel but I hoped they would be OK. Are the bodies on yours good or did you restring them or swap the bodies?

What do you mean awesome? They look good, but even on the card you can see the hips out of position. My son pointed it out immediately.

I plan to try to get these onto Castaway bodies if I have to. They would be cool to play with if they weren't so poorly made.

I will shoot video of these comparing them to my 32yr old Spidey and Trek crew and if Mattel doesn't fix this somehow, it will go on YouTube.

But first I'll call them and give them a shot at doing something about this.

I do like them and I am so grateful to Doc that I'm doing this to help the cause.

I want my son to be able to play with these. He thinks they are awesome. He has all the Treks except Mugato. He will get all the Heroes I think and I think he will also have the Apes and the CCTV guys all before July 4.

I plan to put CCTV on Castaway bodies but I hope the Apes are good and I will post what Mattel says.

I'll try to shut up now and report back about Mattel.

These are cool.
                          —-
                          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍