X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo
    Banned
    • Feb 3, 2010

DC Retro Boil & Pop Tragedy

Whilst trying to pop Green Lantern's head off his Mattel body, I boiled and pulled, but his neck gave way and I was left with a finger puppet.
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

Sorry about that, but nice use of the word "Whilst".
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• gonzo
      Banned
      • Feb 3, 2010

Thanks. At least I learned that the Mattel hands fit nicely in the CAW wrists. No need to swap forearms.

Comment

• MEMEGO
        Career Member
        • Sep 6, 2007

more proof that the new megos will not last as long as the originals, and how cheaply made the quality is on them. Its a bit sad.
        Im sorry you lost your figures head, I hope you can find some way to repair him.

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

DC Retro Boil & Pop Tragedy

Originally posted by gonzo
          Whilst trying to pop Green Lantern's head off his Mattel body, I boiled and pulled, but his neck gave way and I was left with a finger puppet.
          Providing that you don't need to keep the Mattel body..(I don't). I personally feel that my Vice Method is clean and effective. Head comes right off intact with no problemo.

Comment

• gonzo
            Banned
            • Feb 3, 2010

I don't own a vice, but I will be taking a hammer to all my Mattel toys soon.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MEMEGO
              more proof that the new megos will not last as long as the originals, and how cheaply made the quality is on them. Its a bit sad.
              Im sorry you lost your figures head, I hope you can find some way to repair him.
              Damaging a head by trying to rip it off the body when it's not meant to come off equals cheap quality?

Call me confused. That's like taking a hammer to a TV screen and being surprised when it shatters.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Damaging a head by trying to rip it off the body when it's not meant to come off equals cheap quality?

Call me confused. That's like taking a hammer to a TV screen and being surprised when it shatters.
                I was going to make a similar comment, but you beat me to it.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

finesse is key. don't tear like a kid. take your time and work it out slowly.

Comment

• Cmonster
                    Banned
                    • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    The old guy mantra.

SC

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                      • Oct 8, 2007

I find it unfortunate, but I don't think it's a quality issue either. Actually to me it's a sign of better quality. CTVT heads are so flimsy they practically fall out on their own.

Look at it this way, you can use the suit to make a Green lantern version of Sinestro. Or a custom Hal Jordan.
                      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• malleman
                        • Dec 28, 2009

Maybe you didn't boil it long enough. I had no problems taking off a Lex head. I had read that one of the other members took a hobby knife to the pin inside the head, but mine came off just fine without having to cut it.

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

I don't get the way they designed the neck. It seem like it's totally over engineered for no purpose. If they'd but as much work into the rest of the body as they did the neck....
                          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by MegoScott
                            I don't get the way they designed the neck. It seem like it's totally over engineered for no purpose. If they'd but as much work into the rest of the body as they did the neck....
                            Because if some little kid pulls the head off and swallows it they'll sue the company that made it so they make it impossible to get it off without being extremely physical.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher

Like the Kid and the Dad Bull Story from Colors right ?
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎