X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Romulan February 2008???

I just went to website that was pre-selling the Romulan/McCoy figures and it said they would be available in february 2008. What gives? Is this right? Are they being delayed that long?
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

awesome I hope it's true,I definitely want a Romulan
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

dont know but if they are nows the time to sell your originals if you thought of doing so. mike

Comment

• rikitikitavi
        Museum Mongoose
        • Aug 15, 2003

I don't know Texas Teach, but perhaps it is true since the first wave were also delayed everything is pushed back. I suspect then we will get the Andorian/Spock in December.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by txteach
          I just went to website that was pre-selling the Romulan/McCoy figures and it said they would be available in february 2008. What gives? Is this right? Are they being delayed that long?
          I heard the very end of January from Diamond, so that does sound right. I really should be putting them up on the website soon. I just hate taking pre-orders that far in advance.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

The fact that these are so cool make up for the disappointment of them being delayed.
            And the fact that sales are going strong makes me dream of new releases, new figures, never before released characters, new takes on old figures, playsets even, ...
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hulk
              I heard the very end of January from Diamond, so that does sound right. I really should be putting them up on the website soon. I just hate taking pre-orders that far in advance.
              Yep, you're right. I have heard the Romulan and Dr.McCoy will be release on January 1st, 2008 from the Websites and news. I don't know for sure if they're release them in the end of January.

That is good to wait till January 1st because eBay members wanted to buy real Romulans before they'll release repro EMCE Romulans to all Comic stores, Megohead members and guests. I'll buy a near mint original Mego Romulan by this Christmas. Maybe I'll get one near mint original Andorian on my birthday. I would like to buy 4 EMCE Andorians and 4 Romulans by this fall till Jan. Also, I'll get one EMCE Spock and one Dr.McCoy too.
              Last edited by Mr Mego; Sep 7, '07, 9:19 AM.
              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

I haven't seen any big decline in the price of a Kirk or Klingon since the EMCE release and those figures were much more common than the Romulan and Andorian or even the McCoy. In fact I think the overall demand on 8 inch Mego figures has shown a positive increase in price. I noticed the average price on a Spiderman has gone from 20 to 25 dollars to above 30 in many cases. Since it was a common piece most die hard collectors already have them in their collections so I can only speculate that new collectors have come in and started collecting megos. I don't think there will be as big of a price influence as some of you think when these are released.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

January seems so far away...but I guess the time will fly by like the rest of this year has.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by megocrazy
                    I haven't seen any big decline in the price of a Kirk or Klingon since the EMCE release and those figures were much more common than the Romulan and Andorian or even the McCoy. In fact I think the overall demand on 8 inch Mego figures has shown a positive increase in price. I noticed the average price on a Spiderman has gone from 20 to 25 dollars to above 30 in many cases. Since it was a common piece most die hard collectors already have them in their collections so I can only speculate that new collectors have come in and started collecting megos. I don't think there will be as big of a price influence as some of you think when these are released.
                    I agree the reality is the Spock and Kirk's with no gear might have a harder time selling but the fact they are so easy to find really hurts the reporduciton sales not the other way around. In my expericene If a person cares about having a vintage one they will pay the price. the only people who suffer are possibly the junk salesperson who picked up a toy at a garage sale and jacked up the price for ebay.
                    GIJOE collectors have a few years advance on mego in this relm because hasbro has been releasing repros for over 10 years now so I will speak from my expericne there. I got into collection 12" joes in the late 80's but still had my joe from when I was a kid (and believe me he was a sad sight). I spent ALOT of money on some great sets back then and if a repro was available there were alot of poorer condfition dolls I bought just to fill out uniforms that wouldn't have been bought. but the high ticket sets I would have bought regardless (and later bought the repor for anyway). While other sets I got repros for I still have never had a chance for a vintage one (like the JC penney MP set)
                    to a casual fan why pay 25-50 for a beat up vintage doll when they can get a new repor complete for the same money plus have the joy of childhood for a moment as the open the package and play with the toy.
                    I still had a pretty nice klingon and Kirk I bought at a toy show in the 80's for alot less than the price for the new repros but I bought the new ones just for the fun of it. I have vintage of all the crew in t1 and t2 bodies and I will still buy most of the repros but most of the aliens are not ones I have or can afford now that I have kids for so I am quite pleased to have the repor option. EMCE's repros are fantastic so it's not like there is a big step down from the average vintage ebay find

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎