X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Green Lantern improvements?

I saw these at TRU today, and noticed that GL's collar was much more of a turtleneck and that the symbol was perfect. The cuffs also seemed better tailored to the arms. Is Mattel making running changes to correct some of the problems reported when these first started showing up?
  • rkrefft
    • Jan 21, 2010

Most Green Lanterns I have seen have real bad chest emblems. The white part is usually fading off looking very cheap. I expected alot better. Really the final product of this guy isn't much better then the prototypes shown last year that also had a chest emblem with colors running through the white circle. Superman doesn't seem to have this problem thank god.

Comment

• jacsfc
      Career Member
      • Aug 2, 2004

well, out of the 5 green lanterns i have bought there is no problem with any of the emblems. so your quote about the final product not being any better than the prototype is just your opinion and not fact.

Originally posted by rkrefft
      Most Green Lanterns I have seen have real bad chest emblems. The white part is usually fading off looking very cheap. I expected alot better. Really the final product of this guy isn't much better then the prototypes shown last year that also had a chest emblem with colors running through the white circle. Superman doesn't seem to have this problem thank god.

Comment

• Caelonfox
        • Aug 7, 2008

Originally posted by jacsfc
        well, out of the 5 green lanterns i have bought there is no problem with any of the emblems. so your quote about the final product not being any better than the prototype is just your opinion and not fact.
        I have to agree. My GL is perfect!! He has the turtleneck, tailored gauntlets and perfect emblem. I think the first batch may have had issues though.
        Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

Try to remember that these are made by people still learning to work with
          a new pattern. Just because Mattel makes Barbie doesn't mean that the
          factory that makes these is the same one that makes Barbie.

As I found with Star Trek and Apes, some figures are put together well,
          and some are hastily done. The same is true of cars - I remember people
          telling me never buy a car built on a Friday or a Monday. Unfortunately,
          I rarely ever buy a new car, so that information is lost by the time the car
          gets to me.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍