PDA

View Full Version : 2010 MegoMeet Exclusive Custom Figure Announcement!

Chris DVM
Mar 3, '10, 9:30 AM
Hey,
This will be the 5th year that I have made the MegoMeet Custom, and I am totally psyched about this one. Yes, I still have all the painting to do, but it will be one I am proud of.
So, although I will not give out the name, here are three hints. I hope to have a picture of the prototype up and posted by April.

HINTS:
1) Not a DC or Marvel character, but does appear in comics.
2) Figure out what the initials mean, and you will know the character (reference to a new pop culture phrase invented due to this character - NTF)
3) Dah Dah Dah DAAAAAAAH, Dah Dah DAAAAH. Dah Dah Dah DAAAAAAAAAH, Dah Dah Daaah, Daaah, Daaah!!!
Good luck and will post more in 28 days!!!
Chris DVM
P.S. If you figure it out, don't post it. Let people guess on their own.
CWJ

Mego Milk
Mar 3, '10, 12:20 PM
hhmmm.

no clue sir.

NTF?
CWJ?
DVM?

aw yeah mystery.

bizzaro megomauler
Mar 3, '10, 12:30 PM
would an appropriate accessory involve a utensil?

JediJaida
Mar 3, '10, 1:26 PM
The musical cue seems familiar, but other than that, nada.

SlipperyLilSuckers
Mar 3, '10, 2:03 PM
Oooh how Exciting. I want one already :licklips:. This is one of my favourite parts of MegoMeet, specially since I haven't been able to go yet.

Chris DVM
Mar 3, '10, 2:37 PM
would an appropriate accessory involve a utensil?

Hey,
SPOON!!!
No, sorry.
Chris DVM

megocrazy
Mar 3, '10, 2:50 PM
hhmmm.

no clue sir.

NTF?
CWJ?
DVM?

aw yeah mystery.

NTF is the clue.
CWJ Chris W. Johnson
DVM Dr. Veterinary Medicine

mitchedwards
Mar 3, '10, 3:04 PM
The music is probably Beatovin's 5th

SlipperyLilSuckers
Mar 3, '10, 3:11 PM
I was thinking Brahm's Lullaby at first.

Mego Milk
Mar 3, '10, 3:25 PM
En-Tee-Eff.....hhmmm....

still got nuthin.

megowgsh
Mar 3, '10, 5:48 PM
Crap. I'm involved in making this figure and now from that clue I am questionning whether I'm making the right one. UGH!

Chris DVM
Mar 3, '10, 6:18 PM
Hey,
Geez, didn't think the hint would confuse everyone this much. OK, second word is 'The".
Chris DVM

The Toyroom
Mar 3, '10, 8:07 PM
Aaaaaaaaaay?!

SlipperyLilSuckers
Mar 3, '10, 9:37 PM
I drove myself a bit crazy this afternoon trying to work this out. Still have no idea :(

bgrimm77
Mar 3, '10, 9:45 PM
I think I got it.... If it's who I think it is thats gonna be so cool!!

Random Axe
Mar 3, '10, 10:09 PM
Those are easier clues than you usually give out, Chris. You must be in a giving mood as you run for City Council. The daaahhhhhs give it away if you know your music.

Scott

StrangeVisitor
Mar 3, '10, 10:10 PM
NTF = National Turkey Federation.... no,wait...

Meule
Mar 4, '10, 2:21 AM
I got nothing :huh:

megowgsh
Mar 4, '10, 8:27 AM
I did a Google search for NTF and now I really don't know who the hell I'm helping to make. :)

bizzaro megomauler
Mar 4, '10, 9:24 AM
AH now the answer is crystal clear! NTF!!!!:wink:

NTF=Not the Fonz, which in turn is sort of a riddler type clue, being as the terms have 2 things in common if I am correct, and you use your noggin!

SlipperyLilSuckers
Mar 4, '10, 10:31 AM
I did a Google search for NTF and now I really don't know who the hell I'm helping to make. :)

I did that too :googly:. To my great relief a friend has clued me in.

ScottA
Mar 4, '10, 11:53 AM
I've not a clue.

The Toyroom
Mar 4, '10, 1:18 PM
Also seems to have something to do with Jumping the Shark......???

Mego Milk
Mar 4, '10, 6:50 PM
n the f.

hhmm.
just two more words.

rche
Mar 4, '10, 6:55 PM
Nelson the Frog?? Kermits older cousin who was blackballed from the muppet show early on for his illicit ties to the Feebles?

It is a muppet thing isn't it?
One can only hope....

MegoNutt
Mar 4, '10, 7:55 PM
only thing I got is that droog, Alex, from "A Clockwork Orange." Gosh I sure hope that's not it. Plus I don't know the comic connection or the NTF. thats my half-arsed shot in the dark.

Sandman9580
Mar 4, '10, 8:33 PM
NTF=Not the Fonz

:smiley1: Good one! That's a clever clue right there.

Can't wait to see pics of this!

megocrazy
Mar 4, '10, 9:45 PM
Crap. I'm involved in making this figure and now from that clue I am questionning whether I'm making the right one. UGH!

I was in the same boat. I know the answer and couldn't figure out the clue. Guess I'm a moron. :googly:

Meule
Mar 5, '10, 4:26 AM
I know the answer and couldn't figure out the clue.
Then how are we supposed to know?

cdhall
Mar 5, '10, 4:37 AM
Hey,
SPOON!!!
No, sorry.
Chris DVM

So Spoon is not a clue?

I'm slow. And a noob even though I've been a member a while. I lurk too much I guess. Or something.

bizzaro megomauler
Mar 5, '10, 10:18 AM
So Spoon is not a clue?

I'm slow. And a noob even though I've been a member a while. I lurk too much I guess. Or something.

I originally thought "The Tick" you know spoooooonnn!

LonnieFisher
Mar 5, '10, 4:34 PM
Not the fork?

cdhall
Mar 5, '10, 6:11 PM
I originally thought "The Tick" you know spoooooonnn!

That cartoon was Awesome! My cousin read the comics somewhat and introduced me to The Tick some time before the cartoon aired.

Never saw the live action one. Glad I didn't I'm sure.

SeattleEd
Mar 5, '10, 7:06 PM
Need To Fart? :no:

JediJaida
Mar 5, '10, 7:45 PM
I'm hopeless at this?

Not Too Funny?

Somebody PM me the answer!

Random Axe
Mar 5, '10, 9:10 PM
I think I'm the only one who knew what NTF meant. THat either means I'm a genius or a complete geek. I vote for the second. This should be a cool figure.

Scott

Chris DVM
Mar 5, '10, 9:26 PM
That cartoon was Awesome! My cousin read the comics somewhat and introduced me to The Tick some time before the cartoon aired.

Never saw the live action one. Glad I didn't I'm sure.

Hey,
I actually have the live action series on DVD. It is really pretty funny. You ought to check it out.
And. . .
Sorry, no more hints until April 2nd.
Chris DVM

cdhall
Mar 6, '10, 4:03 AM
I found Not That Funny online and thought it was the most likely candidate but I have no idea where it came from and it doesn't help me as a hint.
:(

Captain
Mar 9, '10, 2:09 AM
Easy one to guess if you humm out the tune.
I dont know if we are supposed to list our guess or not, so I wont list mine. Instead I'll just say this. NTF has something to do with the wanton and unholy destruction of a large kitchen appliance.....well it should have destroyed it, instead of throwing .....I've said too much.

SeattleEd
Mar 9, '10, 2:31 AM
I think you did. Did a quick search on your clues and it all came up. Not familiar with that term but there is a site that explains it all. Once you figure out and go back to the tune, it makes sense.

I dont know if we are supposed to list our guess or not, so I wont list mine. Instead I'll just say this. NTF has something to do with the wanton and unholy destruction of a large kitchen appliance.....well it should have destroyed it, instead of throwing .....I've said too much.

bizzaro megomauler
Mar 9, '10, 8:15 AM
I have been threatened to be neutered if i give away the answer to NTF, so please use caution. Take it One day at a time, 28 days is not that long a wait, but look at my last clues if you figured it out already, and see if it makes any sense, There may very well be a cryptic clue in every message I post here.:sarky: or maybe not!

Meule
Mar 9, '10, 8:43 AM

Got it now, was planning on customizing this character myself

Flynne
Mar 9, '10, 1:39 PM
"Not in the face! Not in the face!" :)

bizzaro megomauler
Mar 9, '10, 2:07 PM
"Not in the face! Not in the face!" :)
Tick and Arthur customs on the way.......

Mego Milk
Mar 9, '10, 2:14 PM
I still don't know.

z3zep
Mar 9, '10, 2:27 PM
I still don't know.

Good I thought I was the only one.... :embarassed:

sprytel
Mar 9, '10, 4:45 PM
Gotcha. Awesome choice. Looking forward to finding out more! But I hope it's not the NTF version...

GreenLantern9999
Mar 9, '10, 4:59 PM
I do believe I have guessed it!

SeattleEd
Mar 9, '10, 5:51 PM
Ditto..

But I hope it's not the NTF version...

CaptainTrenchcoat
Mar 10, '10, 12:48 PM
Got it. Once I found a few sites that listed possible NTF references, I went back and hummed out the dah's again. Didn't have the right pitch the first couple of times. Looking forward to the pix or the prototype.

Brown Bear
Mar 10, '10, 1:07 PM
could someone pm me who it is?

sprytel
Mar 10, '10, 2:15 PM

What's the fun in that! :silly:

cdhall
Mar 10, '10, 2:23 PM

I was going to ask the same thing and also thought "What's the fun in that?"

If I were more of a collector, I'd be more anxious. I feel your pain.
:prv:

Mego Milk
Mar 10, '10, 3:34 PM
I still don't know.

Is it April yet?

LonnieFisher
Mar 10, '10, 4:25 PM
http://themefiles.quickblogcast.com/81372-82337/images/ntf_high_res.jpg
spoiler allert!! This is NTF.

Flynne
Mar 10, '10, 4:26 PM
I only wish that screenwriters and authors knew enough to not NTF, you know.

LonnieFisher
Mar 10, '10, 4:27 PM
It's a Jesus figure...?

LonnieFisher
Mar 10, '10, 4:29 PM
I only wish that George Lucas knew enough to not NTF, you know.

is that Need To F-up star wars?

Flynne
Mar 10, '10, 4:32 PM
is that Need To F-up star wars?

Well, yeah, many people say there is plenty of NTF in Episodes 1-3, but nothing so NTF as what Chris is referring to.

LonnieFisher
Mar 10, '10, 4:43 PM
Need To Figure it out?

palitoy
Mar 10, '10, 4:45 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/tv/mason%20reese.jpg

I cannot wait!

Mego Milk
Mar 10, '10, 5:47 PM
Aw Yeah!

never heard of N the F until today.

I need more pop culture references.
diggin that TV Guide cover.

UnderdogDJLSW
Mar 10, '10, 7:48 PM
I have the urge to try some Underwood spread and toast:googly:

He would go on an Our Gang body for sure ;)

cdhall
Mar 11, '10, 5:14 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/tv/mason%20reese.jpg

I cannot wait!

Where is he now? What is his name? Any YouTube links?

JediJaida
Mar 11, '10, 8:54 AM
Okay, someone sent me the clue, and I promptly looked it up via Google.

At first I was going "***?"

But then, the more I thought about it, the more I'm thinking that it's about damned TIME we got one! Mego should have jumped all over this back when the franchise in question first came out, but sadly, they missed the boat.

I can't wait to see what it looks like and if it really is who I think it is, and NO, I'm not telling, then I predict that the table showcasing it will be swamped with Megoheads screaming, "I WANT ONE! GIMME! HOW MUCH? MOVE OVER, I SAW IT FIRST!" and other stuff like that.

megocrazy
Mar 11, '10, 10:14 AM
Mego should have jumped all over this back when the franchise in question first came out, but sadly, they missed the boat.

By that time the boat was already sunk. There is also a much bigger reason why that would not have been possible even if the company had survived. They would never have been allowed to even get near the boat.

JediJaida
Mar 11, '10, 10:31 AM
You're probably right about that.

Still, I can't wait to see how this thing looks!

And it's only twenty more days until the end of March!

Zemo
Mar 11, '10, 5:26 PM
Nigeria Trust Fund

Finally I will get to see who's sending me those emails.

Jedichicken
Mar 11, '10, 7:48 PM
figured it out (I Think) but never heard that phrase before either. I hope he comes with accessories.

megojim
Mar 12, '10, 12:03 AM
ok . . I think I have it figured out . . . but maybe not . . . but most likely do . . . possibly

GaryPlaysWithDolls
Mar 12, '10, 10:52 PM
So, I'm confused. Didn't we just get one of those from the Tom Hanks Toy Company?

wilbs518
Mar 16, '10, 8:53 PM
Could someone pm what the fig is going to be? I'm lost.

Mego Milk
Mar 16, '10, 9:33 PM
N to the F to the N to the F!

NTF!
JTS!

FINALLY!
I got it.

artie out.

mitchedwards
Mar 18, '10, 2:51 PM
Can someone send me a clue. a hint a map an web link.

The Toyroom
Mar 18, '10, 3:20 PM
So, I'm confused. Didn't we just get one of those from the Tom Hanks Toy Company?

Nice one! :smiley1: If it's what I'm thinking, yeah we did at last year's Meet....

megocrazy
Mar 18, '10, 4:08 PM

Took me a minute to decipher this one.

Meule
Mar 18, '10, 4:49 PM
Took me a minute to decipher this one.

I know what the custom will be, but I don't get that clue

The Toyroom
Mar 18, '10, 7:15 PM
^ Willlllson!

Flynne
Mar 18, '10, 8:32 PM
N to the F to the N to the F!

NTF!
JTS!

FINALLY!
I got it.

artie out.

Told you that you'd get it ;)

VintageMike
Mar 18, '10, 10:41 PM
I believe I've got it. If I guessed right I'm all over this one!

nvmbrsdoom5
Mar 19, '10, 2:48 AM
I'm the biggest dolt, I've been trying to figure this out for days and I haven't the slightest clue, lol.

Trappy Trek Freak
Mar 24, '10, 8:26 AM
I have no Idea but I will buy one I do Know that.

Chris DVM
Mar 24, '10, 9:56 AM
Hey,
LARGE CLUE TOMORROW!!
STAY TUNED!!
Chris DVM

megocrazy
Mar 24, '10, 9:58 AM
Hey,
LARGE CLUE TOMORROW!!
STAY TUNED!!
Chris DVM

Does that mean it's gonna be in big font or it'll be a clue that will help everyone figure it out? :grin:

Chris DVM
Mar 24, '10, 10:59 AM
Does that mean it's gonna be in big font or it'll be a clue that will help everyone figure it out? :grin:

Hey,

BOTH!!

Chris DVM

Flynne
Mar 24, '10, 12:07 PM
It's good to know we have our top fonts working on this problem. :)

Mego Milk
Mar 24, '10, 1:05 PM
aw yeah clue.

jp1969
Mar 25, '10, 7:30 PM
only thing I got is that droog, Alex, from "A Clockwork Orange." Gosh I sure hope that's not it.
That would be cool.
Highly improbable,but cool.
:yeah:
So wheres the new clue?
:huh:

Meule
Mar 25, '10, 7:39 PM
I already know what the custom will be, but for those that don't: where's that clue?

Chris DVM
Mar 26, '10, 9:11 AM
Hey,
Ha Ha. Tease.
Will put it up tonight.
Chris DVM

jp1969
Mar 26, '10, 4:40 PM
What a tease!
I was born curious you know!

:wink::yes:

JediJaida
Mar 26, '10, 5:15 PM
Aw c'mon! Post the clue! Please?

Chris DVM
Mar 26, '10, 8:51 PM
Hey,
OK, this is not a clue as much as it is a dead giveaway without actually telling you the name. Any doubts should be erased with this. As for the original three clues, I will explain the last (the first two should be obvious once this clue is given) when I make the official announcement next week.
The final clue:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww36/ChrisDVM/IndySilhouette.jpg

Chris DVM

ScottA
Mar 26, '10, 8:56 PM
I believe I will be getting one of these. Yes, yes.

B-Lister
Mar 26, '10, 8:59 PM
I still don't get the "NTF" thing.....someone wanna just spell it out for me?

Toy Talk
Mar 26, '10, 9:08 PM
I too am lost on the NTF but I am so getting one of these. My money is yours...:yeah:

MegoSteve
Mar 26, '10, 9:36 PM
Hahahah, here I thought it was Mr. T.

B-Lister
Mar 26, '10, 11:20 PM
How much is it gonna cost?

JediJaida
Mar 27, '10, 9:19 AM
AHA! I was right!

I definitely want at least two of them. How much are they going for?

JimCem99
Mar 27, '10, 10:52 AM
How can I get one of these without going to the meet? I won't be able to make it. And how much are these going to run?

JediJaida
Mar 27, '10, 11:38 AM
Ditto. I can't make the meet because of work commitments.

But I really, REALLY want this figure!!!!

megojim
Mar 27, '10, 12:01 PM
Sounds like you need to make few extra chris . . .can't wait to see them!

JediJaida
Mar 27, '10, 12:07 PM
How many are being made? And how early do we need to call dibs?

If you're taking calls for dibs, I CALL DIBS ON ONE!

Mego Milk
Mar 27, '10, 2:47 PM
YES! I'm gonna get one!

Chris DVM
Mar 27, '10, 8:21 PM
Hey,
OK, the info on the figures:
1) There will be 40 figures made. Each one is hand painted, the hats will be removable and all painted and molded. The pants, shirt and shoes are removable, of course. The jacket is made of pleather and is being produced for me by Brian Leitner, who, if you do not know, is an absolute whiz when it comes to clothes and costumes. He did the Kromedome outfit last year - I am thrilled he works with me on this. Each figure will come with the above items, as well as a gun holster, a gun, a side satchel, a small golden Idol (from Raiders beginning) and a machete. The box is being produced by Mego73, an amazing box maker who always does my boxes - I tip my hat at his skill and abilities. The heads are a Medicom head shrunk down, done by MegoWGSH (Austin), one of the best oiut there.
2) 40 figures made. I keep one, 7 set aside for the people who have helped produce the figure. 1 for a special reason (see #3). So there will be 31 figures available for purchase.
3) One figure is very special. Usually I donate one to the raffle. However, as there is no raffle this year, one will go into the custom auction. This one, however, will be a figure done as Old Indy, with an eye patch, wire rim glasses and a special box.
4) In the past, I have set the price on the customs at $45. This year, due to the many parts and pieces, I am raising it to $50 (still hopefully a good deal for anyone who wants one). For those worrying that this is the norm, I already know what next years Exclusive figure will be, and it will probably only be $35 or $40 due to it's relative simplicity compared to what I have done in the past. (Slight tease on that one, but trust me, it will be a figure that will be very desirable to Many Many People!!).
5) The way it works is this - I sell the figures at the meet. Everyone there gets a chance to by one to start with. Once everyone who wants one gets theirs, then I allow anyone there to buy one more if there are some left over. If there are any left after that, I sell them to those who have PM'd me on a first come first serve basis. If you are not going to make it to the meet, PM me and I will put you on the list. I already have had one person PM me, so the list starts now.
Chris DVM

JediJaida
Mar 27, '10, 8:34 PM
PM sent! PM sent!

Meule
Mar 28, '10, 12:40 AM
I still don't get the "NTF" thing.....someone wanna just spell it out for me?

Nuke the Fridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGuXXGgVq0

Timothy2251
Mar 28, '10, 6:24 AM
PM sent!!!! Hope I get one!

And I gotta say, I'm impressed with all the talent going into making this exclusive. Great contributors, all of 'em!

Zemo
Mar 28, '10, 10:22 AM
Pm Sent. Thanks

toyman
Mar 28, '10, 4:36 PM
pm sent

VintageMike
Mar 28, '10, 5:09 PM
I guessed right! Can't wait to get this.

EMCE Hammer
Mar 28, '10, 8:54 PM
Hey,
OK, this is not a clue as much as it is a dead giveaway without actually telling you the name. Any doubts should be erased with this. As for the original three clues, I will explain the last (the first two should be obvious once this clue is given) when I make the official announcement next week.
The final clue:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww36/ChrisDVM/IndySilhouette.jpg

Chris DVM

I love Jonah Hex!

Sandman9580
Mar 29, '10, 5:34 AM
Well, much like I did after watching the last installment in the series, I feel both happy and disappointed. First, I tip my fedora to you. I idolized this character when I was a kid, and a figure in this scale is definitely one of my grails. I'm sure whatever you whip up will belong in a museum. But I'm also disappointed; since I can't get to MegoMeet I have little chance of grabbing hold of this relic! Only 31 available, and no "one-per-customer" limit? That really nukes the fridge. (Why would you want two? So you can store one away in a giant warehouse?)

Anyway, PM has been sent. And to my fellow museum patrons who aren't going on the crusade, let's hope we can dig one of these up! :yes:

Trappy Trek Freak
Mar 29, '10, 8:33 AM
I will be there and I am definately buying one, I have an Indy Shrine in my TV room with Medicom Dr. Jones.

noelani72
Mar 29, '10, 9:08 AM
I plan on being there and will most likely snag this guy up.
I bought one last year with at MM....I wonder wow close in comparison the two will be.

Chris DVM
Apr 1, '10, 12:38 PM
Hey,
For those who have not been able to figure it out by now, the 2010 MegoMeet Exclusive is Indiana Jones. I was hoping to have a picture of the prototype today, but due to some problems with the head shrink, I don't have it yet. However, once it is done, I will post the pictures.
Chris DVM

wilbs518
Apr 1, '10, 2:46 PM
Cool. can't wait.

SlipperyLilSuckers
Apr 1, '10, 2:57 PM
I PM'd you ages ago...hope you got it.

marbkwds
Apr 2, '10, 7:33 PM
Just a thought here but being that I can not attend the MegoMeet and would love to be able to get this figure and am fearing that being such a cool figure choice it will not happen , So it got me to thinking , What if we were to pre-pay and pre order the figure for people who can't attend this way the number that you make for the meet can stay the same and then just a certain number of extra figures are made for those who prepaid , It is a shame to just make 31 of them when i am sure that so many more people would want one . You can take the prepaid payments for say a 3 day run and after that close the doors to it then you would know exactly how many more figures would need to be made and those extra figures would be paid for before they are even made , I wouldn't even mind waiting to receive it until after the mego Meet since it is a figure made for Mego Meet ......... I would love to attend Mego Meet but due to my disability right now I am unable to do so otherwise I would attend every year ........ Well I just thought that it couldn't hurt to throw this idea out there ....... You never know ......... Roy