X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

My Annual offer of seats to WV.

OK. My yearly offer of the extra seats in my van is here again. With Doc bringing the family amusement parking, I have 2 seats available for the trip this year. First come first served. Don't commit unless you're sure you're going. Leaves from my home in Mass on Thursday morning. Stops in NY to pick up John and should arrive in WV in time to eat at Hoss's for supper on Thursday. Returns Sunday evening around 10pm. Cost split evenly between whoever goes. Gas, tolls, speeding tickets, etc. Only 11 rooms left according to the Super 8 so if you're interested better get a move on. It's much easier to stagger home from the Mego Suite when you're in the same hotel. PM me for exact details or questions. Chuck
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

chcuk what a great offer am driving down myself if i could get the thrusday off i would go with you but since i cant get thursday off i am leaving late thursday night. chuck is a great guy and it would be cool to ride down with him. mike

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

Swing on down to TEXAS and I'm in Chuck!
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by megocrazy
        OK. My yearly offer of the extra seats in my van is here again. With Doc bringing the family amusement parking, I have 2 seats available for the trip this year. First come first served. Don't commit unless you're sure you're going. Leaves from my home in Mass on Thursday morning. Stops in NY to pick up John and should arrive in WV in time to eat at Hoss's for supper on Thursday. Returns Sunday evening around 10pm. Cost split evenly between whoever goes. Gas, tolls, speeding tickets, etc. Only 11 rooms left according to the Super 8 so if you're interested better get a move on. It's much easier to stagger home from the Mego Suite when you're in the same hotel. PM me for exact details or questions. Chuck
        With all due respect...speeding ticket is solely the responsibility of the driver. However...if they want to pitch in case the driver gets one...then no problem...cool. But that should be totally optional....unless...the passengers were distracting the driver...then maybe charging everyone for the ticket should apply then.

Now...if I was personally going with you...I would certainly chip in...that's my nature...but like I said...it should be optional.

Having said that...it's cool that you are doing this as an option to Museum members.

So to whomever is driving...just drive nice and slow...

Last edited by Hector; Mar 6, '10, 12:40 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
          So to whomever is driving...just drive nice and slow...

Just not possible. Makes the trip take too long.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

You do make an excellent point...

sigpic

Comment

• cdhall
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 14, 2004

Texas

Originally posted by megojim
              Swing on down to TEXAS and I'm in Chuck!
              Megojim,

If I go this year, and drive, I will leave from Austin, TX. Maybe we can go together?

I can't commit yet but I had to comment when I read Texas.

Anyone else from Texas going? Or considering going?
              —-
              “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
              - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
              - Captain Spock
              https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• megoapesnut
                The name says it all!
                • Dec 3, 2007

Wow, that is a very generous offer and I am sorely tempted. I am probably pretty much on your way there. I am a few minutes away from both the PA turnpike and I-78/I-81. I assume you will be on one or the other. My wife could drop me off and pick me up. Dang, I don't think I want to be gone that long though. I would probably rather drive in early Friday morning and leave either late Sat night or early Sunday AM. Still, I will give it some thought.

Comment

• megojim
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by cdhall
                  Megojim,

If I go this year, and drive, I will leave from Austin, TX. Maybe we can go together?

I can't commit yet but I had to comment when I read Texas.

Anyone else from Texas going? Or considering going?
                  Jimmy don't drive that far! especially for a 2 day holiday, . . . already booked my flight . . . a 2 hr trip and a short drive into Wheeling should be there around 5 or 6 on Thursday.
                  -Jim
                  My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Anybody driving from Oregon?

Comment

• Flynne
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by megojim
                      Jimmy don't drive that far! especially for a 2 day holiday, . . . already booked my flight . . . a 2 hr trip and a short drive into Wheeling should be there around 5 or 6 on Thursday.
                      -Jim
                      I drove my first year, and never again. 1025 miles door to door for me, and it's just better to bite the bullet and fly in.
                      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Flynne
                        I drove my first year, and never again. 1025 miles door to door for me, and it's just better to bite the bullet and fly in.
                        It's about a 14 hour drive both ways for me from Bama. If I can do it there's no reason not to come. I just hate getting there so late Thursday night I miss dinner at Hoss'. But at least the suite is open.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

I'm driving again this year but I found flights and rentals that almost made me fly. The price was really close. Might not be driving next year if the prices stay comparable. Plus I won't have to take Monday off from work.

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Bump on the seats as we draw 5 weeks away. Also only two weeks left to place an order for the Mego Suite T-shirt, 24th is the cut off date. I also need sizes from a couple of people that PM'd they wanted one. If you haven't given me a size yet and I PM'd you I need it before the 24th. Chuck

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎