X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Space 1999 Eagle by Mattel 1976

How many members own this piece boxed? its awesome !
  • SpaceCrawler
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 20, 2008

I had one as a little kid and I still have one boxed now. Actually I have two (but just one box). Fragile things but cool (the silver parts weren't cast in a plastic that withstood the test of time).

Sean

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

This is by far the COOLEST Space:1999 toy ever..! I wouldn't mind just buying a set with a worn box, just to matte/frame the box top color graphics up on a wall.

If you purchase the super-cool JBOT decals from Canada, you can really spruce the original up.. Decals included are for both the ship markings AND the figure's white life-support packs and uniform patches. Only $20. They're waterslide type, but very sturdy and look great.

david_b
      Last edited by david_b; Mar 2, '10, 6:12 AM.
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I never owned one as a kid but as an adult I owned 5 of them ... All beaters that I used to make one super-nice one ... I wound up selling off the 4 beaters and not only got my money back, it was like I got the complete nice one for free.
        It was a nice little project I tinkered with for about 2 years.

I never did get a box for it.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

I remember drooling at this at the store, but could never convince a parent to purchase.
          It's all good!

Comment

• BendyZaius
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 22, 2005

I've got one of these complete boxed I picked up at a flea market a while back. Its one of those pieces that's kinda in my collection but also for sale. I take it to a show every now and then and put it up for sale, but I guess I want too much for it as it has never sold. What kind of prices have people seen these sell for recently complete boxed? I may take it to Wonderfest this year.
            sigpic "Only an apostate would flee to the Forbidden Zone"

Comment

• kennermike
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 4, 2007

pmd ya

Comment

• Surfsup
                Silver Chrome Dome
                • Dec 2, 2005

I did have a sealed mint example, it was gorgeous. I sold it last year, along with a sealed Eagle Whirly Bird. I sold the sealed Eagle for around $460 at the time.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by BendyZaius
                  I've got one of these complete boxed I picked up at a flea market a while back. Its one of those pieces that's kinda in my collection but also for sale. I take it to a show every now and then and put it up for sale, but I guess I want too much for it as it has never sold. What kind of prices have people seen these sell for recently complete boxed? I may take it to Wonderfest this year.
                  If the box is nice and complete i'd take no less than $300.00 for it.

If the box is trashed but the Eagle is nice i'd take $200.00

Those engine parts are hard to come by and sometimes sell for $5-$10 bucks a pop.

Comment

• tay666
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by BendyZaius
                    I may take it to Wonderfest this year.
                    Are you a dealer, or just an attendee?
                    This will be my 9th year attending.

Comment

• Tristan
                      • Nov 9, 2010

Does anyone here know of someone that does reproduction boxes? I actually just picked up an Eagle 1 with a box, its worn but was wondering if anyone knew where I could get it reproduced box art that is richer in color? I also plan on getting the box art to be made into a poster if anyone is interested.

Comment

• david_b
                        Never had enough toys..
                        • May 9, 2008

COUNT ME IN on the box art..! I've wanted to find a decent box to peel off the graphics and matte/frame, but I'm not into investing $350 for it.

Anyone interested in taking the time could really rake in some dough with 1999 collectors, which are a lot more than you might think.

david_b

Comment

• david_b
                          Never had enough toys..
                          • May 9, 2008

I love mine, and actually never considered buying the newer, more accurate 12" Product Enterprise ships, as big of a 1999 fan as I am.

I love my Mattel Eagle too much. Never had it as a kid, but it's pretty cool to have as an adult..

david_b

Comment

• Tristan
                            • Nov 9, 2010

Thanks david b. I know the printer, she is pretty cool. Im hoping the box w/eagle, not mint, I just bought will be in good enough condition to be scanned. She made some posters with Superman/Batman Mcguinness and they were frakkin great. Especially the color, very rich and vibrant. Im hoping she can do the same here.

Recently I told my brother about my purchase and he said we actually had one as kids. He said I got it and he got something else and he was super jealous of me at the time. Its a shame, because I dont really remember it. I remember my big gi joe and the space capsule and the Fisher Price Adventure People. I remember the STAR TREK re-runs late at night and of coarse, SPACE:1999 and drawing EAGLES ALL the time in school. Why I cant remember such a cool toy is beyond me. Im over the moon with this as an adult, I loved all the NASA stuff growing up, how I could forget something as cool as this? ....getting old I guess.

Comment

• david_b
                              Never had enough toys..
                              • May 9, 2008

Tristan:

Yep, with high quality stock, a print like that will be GORGEOUS.

I was HUGE into 1999 at the time, and actually still am. A buddy I had back then had ALL the toys of nearly every superhero/scifi line that was out (megos, trek, 1999, star wars, galactica..), but he got the Mattel 9" line with the Alpha playset, not the Eagle. I only saw the Eagle along with most 1999 stuff in the toy catalogs for one year (1975), so that's why you might have missed it.

I've always wanted to do some upgrades on the Mattel Eagle, primarily buying new, longer landing gear (the biggest issue to me..), but never went as far as commisioning anyone professional on the Eagle Transporter Forum to do it. The water-slide stickers from JBOT really make a difference, both for the figures and the ship.

Count me in for whatever the price on the print.

david_b
                              Last edited by david_b; Nov 18, '10, 8:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎