X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

I like the Mattel Boots.

I only have Green Arrow, so far, but I have to say that I really like the heavy boots. I guess it is that as a kid, I always thought the heals on the Mego boots wrinkled too much when they were taken on and off a lot and they looked a bit wimpy to me. I find charm in both styles, I just like the idea of something new to a "retro" look.

For the record I also love the oven mitt over painted hands.
    It's all good!
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

I'm completely fine with the classic oven mitts, but I don't want to see them on newer figures.
    The new Mattel boots, are ok in style, but they came out kinda thick and therefore out of scale for the figure, IMO.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 27, 2004

The problem is they are just too big! Take the boots off and compare them to an original. It's not the thickness per-se that makes them wonky, it's the size. They look like a guy wearing a shoe 5 sizes too big! If they were to make them a bit tighter fit, then the thickness wouldn't be so bad.
      Like M.A.S.K.?
      www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

I don't mind the Mattel boots, nor the painted hands. The cuffs however are a little too long, they shouldn't go all the way up to the elbow
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MightyMegs
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 5, 2009

I like the new boots too. The Mego boots were always to frail to be played with... at least the way my friends and I would play. We must have gone through a couple rolls of Scotch Tape fixing cracks and splits.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

I like the boots, too. They're the thing my wife pointed out first on the figures. She likes them, too.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I like them too. I also don't mind the new body style. Okay, it's not as cool as Mego body but it is close enough. I don't understand all the negativity about these things.

Comment

• Orion
                Museum Night Watchman
                • Mar 11, 2008

Originally posted by MightyMegs
                The Mego boots were always to frail to be played with... at least the way my friends and I would play. We must have gone through a couple rolls of Scotch Tape fixing cracks and splits.
                I don't think you were alone with that. Many of my Mego boots didn't survive through childhood. And Scotch tape was the go to repair method. Although my Thor's boots - which were an improvement over the original worn by Bats and Supes - did make it through. I guess the rubberized material they used on Thor was more durable.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Goblin19
                  I like the boots, too.
                  Me 3 .
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

i was thinking they were too big so i replaced them with repos.
                    they look alot better.
                    Last edited by megonaught; Feb 27, '10, 2:14 PM.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• trekman101
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2009

I like the new boots also....I just wish they were more tapered
                      "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd rather see hard plastic boots. That isn't going to happen, but I hope Matty will at least shorten those cuffs...
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I actually like the new boots. My daughter and I were playing "boot-swap" the other day. These boots feel nice in the hand and are easy to take on and off. I also like the Famous Cover figures and boots, so your mileage may vary.

Here is how my daughter left the figures:
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

I like the Mattel Boots.

That's what it's all about.....Having fun with the kids!

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

The boot shape would have been great if it was cast in PPE (milkcap plastic) instead
                              of PVC - which is used for the heads. PVC is hard to get thin and a boot by it's
                              very nature has to have sufficient room for the leg and foot.

The downside of PPE is that sometimes the plastic is spread too thin causing weak
                              spots.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍