Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel! Want collectors to stop complaining?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Mattel! Want collectors to stop complaining?

Use Type 2 Mego style bodies. Its not a Mego otherwise.

but if you did this , no more complaints. ( well 90% less)

Loose the rubber boots , use the old style hands. Its a Mego!

Personally I would like to have Cas tA Ways swivel biceps worked in under the clothes, no one would see. Maybe doing without swivel biceps is part of the Mego charm.
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Mattel has no desire to be Mego on any level. They would never copy a Mego body for mass production. Though I agree their body definately needs to be redone, it doesn't necessarily need to look like a Mego. It can't look like Big Jim or He-man either IMO.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Megosaurus
      Banned
      • Aug 6, 2007

Finally! Words of wisdom! Fix this line before releasing the Megos of Doom Wave!

Comment

• txteach
        Banned
        • Jun 17, 2005

If it's not made by a company called mego, it's not a mego, it's megolike.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

A Ceo Spokes Representive for Mattel , I guess Commented in ToyFare about How Fantastic thier Body was compaired to Vintage Mego.

... Been trying to find the Name of the Dude ,.. and Issue with what Page ..., I was going to write them, and Ask the Question that if it was So Fantastic, How come it doesn't Pose and Stand like Vintage Mego.... Obviously that Dude needs to Play with Both, before making such a Statement.

Show of Hands of Anyone who Purchased a Mego Back in the Day ..., and they cracked that Bad Boy Open to only see a Broke Rubberband or an overly stretched rubberband inside ?.
          Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb 23, '10, 2:10 PM.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Their body is so far beyond worse than a vintage Mego body that that comment is a huge laugh. That CEO needs to lose his job.

Comment

• Toy Talk
              Old and out of touch
              • Aug 7, 2009

Many of my Megos broke from overuse, but never out of the package. Well stated Jason.
              "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

I'm sure they gave the CEO one good body, not a floppy busted one, but anyways CEO's of Toy companies are business men, not Toy experts . . . They are the last person I would ask about t a toy.

Comment

• spamn
                  Minty and All-Original!
                  • Mar 28, 2002

If you believe the complaints would stop if mego type 2 bodies were used, you weren't here when CTVT released their figures.

And anyone complaining about quality issues has forgotten the Type 2 kneepin problem that plagued many original Megos. There's a NRFC Robin on Ebay right now with a detached shin.

Just sayin'.

I don't think the Mattel body is perfect, but I *would* think it's a fine design if either the thighs were skinnier or the waist and torso were more in proportion to the legs. And I'd be ecstatic if swivel biceps were added and Flatt-style necks were employed, so long as the heads were still compatible with Mego.

If you're going to throw away your Mattel body, send it to me. I'll pay postage.

I'm curious if anyone has tried a Mego pelvis-swap with a Mattel body. I have a feeling it wouldn't work because the torso waist seems perfectly sized for the one it came with, though. And the legs are just thick compared to the rest of the figure - I'm not sure this would solve the issue, but I'd like to see for sure.
                  Last edited by spamn; Feb 23, '10, 4:04 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

Hi i ask that same question and Lonnie replyed and tryed it,thanks again Lonnie, and he said it was too loose ,he also posted a picture ,it looked great ,IMO ,but too loose ,is too loose ,i think the picture was in Lonnies red alert broken superman thread cheers chris

Comment

• Megosaurus
                      Banned
                      • Aug 6, 2007

This thread is like music to my ears! I kinda agree....the rubber band issue is a huge problem...not sure if it would benefit to use one instead of two....yet the torso doesn't even really sink into the pelvis correctly. The outfits actually hold most of the torsos upright...that is why the look okay in the packaging.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Which is why my GA figure will STAY in the packaging!
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Megosaurus
                          Banned
                          • Aug 6, 2007

May the force be with u!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

All they had to do to not have the complaints in the first place,was use Doc's body from the start.

Comment

• Megosaurus
                              Banned
                              • Aug 6, 2007

I don't blame them for wanting their own product. However, they should have created a better product or at east tested it before releasing 5 figures. What really annoys me is that Emcee as well as Mattel is aware of these issues and happily releasing these toys to the unsuspecting public. It's just like classic TV Toys cashing in on the sale of all of their busted figures. What is good for the manufacturer is not necessarily good for the consume. It's like buying a the Toyota of Megos....Unfair, Wrong, and bad business to serve corporate greed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎