• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Emce's Trek redesign decisions

Hey Doc,

I was just curious as to how you guys decided which figures to update and which ones not to.
    I really, really like what you did with the Gorn, and it got me thinking, as bad as the original Gorn was, the Mugato was just as bad. What made you decide not to make the Mugato more show accurate?

For that matter, the Cheron could have been given a different generic headsculpt with brown hair and an all gray bodysuit.

What factors did you weigh for/against updating each character?
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

He who pays the piper, calls the tune. DST pays for the production and holds
    the license, so we can only make how many and of what figure they tell us.

We give our considered opinions, and make the prototypes, but if DST says
    to make Mugato the way MEGO did, we comply.

Same thing with all the figures we make.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

Mugato was a thing of beauty. Only thing that could makre it better is to get it flocked .

Which I intend to. Head hands and especially those feet!

No Talos this year?

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
        He who pays the piper, calls the tune. DST pays for the production and holds
        the license, so we can only make how many and of what figure they tell us.

We give our considered opinions, and make the prototypes, but if DST says
        to make Mugato the way MEGO did, we comply.

Same thing with all the figures we make.
        give us a straight line to Diamond so they can hear what we have to say!

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

I loved my Andorian being heavier plastic, but the hollow boots were not good. And the phaser belt being loose. Is there a thread related to how these issues may be addressed on the next release?

And I'm assuming there will be more available but will they include the previous ones also, I still need a Sulu, Chekov and Gorn and I'd Really like the boots to be solid like Mego did them. I remember reading somewhere early, early on that I thought Doc said the protoypes were solid and he was not sure why these were not but that maybe that would get fixed.
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍