X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

No Castraway News?

All these cool new lines....and no Cast a Way News this weekend? Come On Dave... Whats Up?

No Zorro News?
    No BSG?

help me out fellas
    Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Feb 15, '10, 12:33 PM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

looks like Castaway missed the boat.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

OK, Dane, we get it. Sheesh. Seems like every thread has a post from you about Mattel.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
        All these cool new lines....and no Cast a Way News this weekend? Come On Dave... Whats Up?

No Zorro News?
        No BSG?

help me out fellas
        Nothing we can share yet... We've had a setback or two, but we are working hard. We are just as excited as the rest of the community about the new 8 inch figures, Mantooth will be mine! These announcments validate what we do, but we are not ready to announce anything new. We know we won't have the glam of Mattel or even EMCE so we focus on what we do best quality and innovation. When we are ready you guys will be the first to know, that's for sure...

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        looks like Castaway missed the boat.
        Really? Crap...I was unaware there was a boat to catch! I 'll blame Jason. Oh well guess i'll go fishin instead

-Dave
        Last edited by David Lee; Feb 16, '10, 2:22 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

David and Jason are way too busy counting all the money Cast-a-way is making from the Mattel body switches. Cha-ching!!

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Looking forward to anything you guys put up here!
            JediJaida

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

Cant wait Guys, always looking forward to your new stuff!!!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Castaway has the best quality stuff indeed....Hopefully communication and shipping problems have been resolved and they're concentrating on scoring some cool licenses for themselves.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Castaway has the best quality stuff indeed....Hopefully communication and shipping problems have been resolved and they're concentrating on scoring some cool licenses for themselves.
                  Thanks Anthony, our quality is what sets us apart, and it will continue to do so. Nothing makes me prouder than somebody swapping another company's figure to our body, I mean that says it all right there. We've made great strides in the shipping department, and communication is getting better we work on it everyday (though I personally think the expectation is a little too high sometimes) to get it where it needs to be.

We are not the SDCC/ToyFair kind of company (yet), we are not trying to set those expectations either. We want to make the best figures, not the most figures, and frankly we are not in the position to gamble on a bunch of licenses or make figures for other companies at cost. Our business plan may not be "sexy" but it works for us. Expect to see us sticking with the old bread and butter... custom parts and small runs of figures, it works for us.

-Dave

Comment

• Jerry68
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 12, 2008

Great news. When do you expect a parts shipment? I need pirate boots, phantom cometer sets and a few other things.
                    sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                      MeGoing
                      • May 14, 2003

Yay. I LOVE Castaway.

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
                        Museum Gunslinger
                        • Oct 15, 2007

Keep on truckin' guys I'll continue to support you fellas, as long as your products remain awesome
                        -Will
                        NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by David Lee
                          Thanks Anthony, our quality is what sets us apart, and it will continue to do so. Nothing makes me prouder than somebody swapping another company's figure to our body, I mean that says it all right there. We've made great strides in the shipping department, and communication is getting better we work on it everyday (though I personally think the expectation is a little too high sometimes) to get it where it needs to be.

We are not the SDCC/ToyFair kind of company (yet), we are not trying to set those expectations either. We want to make the best figures, not the most figures, and frankly we are not in the position to gamble on a bunch of licenses or make figures for other companies at cost. Our business plan may not be "sexy" but it works for us. Expect to see us sticking with the old bread and butter... custom parts and small runs of figures, it works for us.

-Dave
                          Awesome Dave! I know I need to place a order, because I've got some Body swapping to do. And I think it's a smart business plan to concentrate on Bodies & Parts. So...my only request is MORE COLORS!!! I've got an EMCE Gorn that could use a little "bulking up"!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Might be wise to keep an eye on all upcoming Mattel Retro-Action figures that require decent boots and produce/stock great matching colors. Maybe bodies too where needed, and hands for those that don't use the Mattel hands.

I love the quality of Castaway's stuff. My Green Arrow improved by leaps and bounds once I gave him a CAW body and boots, so I will continue to use CAW parts on the figures.

Also, the last order I placed came super quick without a hitch, so I think they got that down now.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Order placed!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎