• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

No Micronauts Toy Fair news?

Any news?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Tyme2tyme
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 3, 2008

I'd heard rumors a while back but it's been real quiet since then. Fingers are staying crossed as much as possible, JOHN
    Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

• spamn
      Minty and All-Original!
      • Mar 28, 2002

I went to the Figures.com index for Hasbro and there's no Micronauts section. I think it's unlikely we'll see anything this year. According to imdb.com, the movie isn't scheduled until 2012, and it's still in pre-production so who knows if it'll even happen. Though if JJ Abrahms stays attached, I think it's likely to get made, since he's got a great track record.

Though he's also attached to Trek 2 and Mission Impossible IV, so who knows when we could get these.

But the time is ripe for a 2nd revival of Micronauts, since the 3 3/4" scale is hitting big nowadays.

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

I'd love to get some classics re-released, but I'm not sure if I want to start collecting new versions of the characters.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• spamn
          Minty and All-Original!
          • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Jason73
          I'd love to get some classics re-released, but I'm not sure if I want to start collecting new versions of the characters.
          For me, it depends on what 'new versions' look like. I wasn't a fan of the comics, so the characters don't really mean much to me. If they're like Marvel Legend or DC Universe versions of the characters, I'm not too into it. I liked them for the format and interchangeablity.

I loved how Palisades did it - same molds with new colors, and new accessories added in. So we got a slew of new Time Travelers, Phariods, Galactic Defenders, Space Gliders, Aliens, and magnetic figures. Plus Takara was doing reissues of original figures we never saw over here, like the Spy Magician, Rescue Set, and the Microknights and others that if I bought vintage they'd be pricey to get, so that was awesome.

I wish the line had kept going.

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

Microman - both new and re-issue stuff - dead at Takara-Tomy in Japan right now.

I haven't heard anything from Toy Fair yet. Its possible it might be part of a private information session, but there's no rumor of that either.

Perhaps its just too soon for them to offer anything at all. There are a lot of potential directions for their efforts to go - original designs, reissues of the circa-2000 Magnepower line and media property, etc etc - and each probably requiring a lot of study.
            Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• spamn
              Minty and All-Original!
              • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by AcroRay
              Microman - both new and re-issue stuff - dead at Takara-Tomy in Japan right now.
              Even the new modern stuff like this? Surprising. I knew the reissues were long dead.

I haven't heard anything from Toy Fair yet. Its possible it might be part of a private information session, but there's no rumor of that either.

Perhaps its just too soon for them to offer anything at all. There are a lot of potential directions for their efforts to go - original designs, reissues of the circa-2000 Magnepower line and media property, etc etc - and each probably requiring a lot of study.
              I agree that it's too soon. They're more likely to wait until the marketing push starts for the movie, assuming the movie even gets made. Sadly too soon at this point.

But there's enough for me to spend money on this year as it is.

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

I've Heard from someone I know in RI that heard that it might fall under D.O.A we have the rights but we have other things to do right now.

We might see something at SDCC however
                Last edited by tmthor; Feb 15, '10, 4:14 PM.

Comment

• AcroRay
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by spamn
                  Even the new modern stuff like this?
                  Nah. That stuff's not for kids. Way too fragile. Hasbro would never go with that product.
                  Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                  AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                  The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                  Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍