X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Just a thought

I'm not planning on collecting these. I do thank Paul for his valliant successful attempt to bring back the Mego Worlds Greatest Superheroes.

I may get a couple of the ones that strike me like Luthor/GL, etc. but for the most part, I would like to see these in the hands of children. At $20 a pop, and in this economy, I have a hard time believing that at least someone each kid knows in his neighborhood, this day and age will have one or more of these. So what I am planning on doing, if I can find them at retail when the time comes, is to get some for toys for tots and get a name or two from the Christmas tree fund at work and give a couple out as presents to children in my family and/or friend's families.

I urge everyone here who are able, to do the same, (if you plan on collecting them all or not)..

Just a thought.

And again, Thanks Paul!

Hats off to you and EMCE Toys!
    Last edited by hobub; Feb 13, '10, 11:57 AM.
  • Jerry68
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by hobub
    I'm not planning on collecting these. I do thank Paul for his valliant successful attempt to bring back the Mego Worlds Greatest Superheroes.

I may get a couple of the ones that strike me like Luthor/GL, etc. but for the most part, I would like to see these in the hands of children. At $20 a pop, and in this economy, I have a hard time believing that at least someone each kid knows in his neighborhood, this day and age will have one or more of these. So what I am planning on doing, if I can find them at retail when the time comes, is to get some for toys for tots and get a name or two from the Christmas tree fund at work and give a couple out as presents to children in my family and/or friend's families.

I urge everyone here who are able, to do the same, (if you plan on collecting them all or not)..

Just a thought.

And again, Thanks Paul!

Hats off to you and EMCE Toys!
    Very Classy idea, I think I will join in on that.
    sigpic

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I ordered GA to give to my nephew, we'll see how much he likes this. And some friends of mine have 2 sons who love superheroes
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• vulcan2074
        Live Long and Prosper
        • Mar 23, 2008

Thats a Great idea
        Sammy

Comment

• Toy Talk
          Old and out of touch
          • Aug 7, 2009

Now that's the spirit! Thanks for the great idea.
          "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• hobub
            Ghost of a Dead Indian
            • Jun 18, 2001

Really, I have collected all the Megos I had as a kid. I have not been in it for high numbers so I stuck to loose figs unless, I could find a packaged one cheap enough. I guess I was lucky enough to start collecting in 95 when I first started realizing that I could get the childhood items in my memory back and even the ones my brother and neighbors had.

But these, as nice as they are, don't hold the same sentiment for me. But they could for someone who is 4 foot high. And I can afford to help them get some. And I think that is an important fact. So lets not forget the kids.
            Last edited by hobub; Feb 13, '10, 6:49 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

It's too bad that my nieces and nephews are all too old to get these. They are all in their twenties, and consider themselves too 'old' for collecting action figures/dolls.

I could easily do the same thing with a couple of figs at Christmas time though.

But I'd also throw in Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by JediJaida
                It's too bad that my nieces and nephews are all too old to get these. They are all in their twenties, and consider themselves too 'old' for collecting action figures/dolls.
                The problem is they are too 'young' to collect, and too old to play with them.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎