X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Fantastic Journey

For those not in the know, this show is pretty damned good. It ran for a half season in 1977 on CBS and starred Jared Martin, Roddy McDowell and Ike Eissenman (the kid from Witch Mountain).

The premise was later used for Sliders, in the pilot a group of explorers become trapped on an Island in the Bermuda Triangle which is actually a portal to other dimensions. Each week the group (now joined by an Alantean/Alien Girl, a Healer from the Future and a misfit 60's scientist) encounter a new civilization in their quest to find home.

The show started out being rooted in history but moved to strictly sci fi really quick, many of the locations were used the next year for Logan's Run.

It's continuity is well done, the guest stars are excellent and while the set recycling is noticable, it's still one of my favorite series of all time.

Anybody else remember it?

Original Opening

Scene featuring the Space Shuttle
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I know the Sci-Fi channel was running it in their series collection (when they had such a thing) many years ago. I caught a couple of eps. It was OK, but I guess you had to stick w/ it to get the continuity.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ABMAC
      User
      • May 16, 2002

I loved the show. After being traumatized by the cancellation of the Planet of the Apes TV series, I was thrilled to see Roddy McDowall in another science fiction series. Alas…

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎