• rcbats1
    Banned
    • Nov 1, 2005

aaah....cool.

Comment

• supercrazy
      Banned
      • Oct 3, 2006

This box is for the DC Retro Action Heroes. It is too small for DCU figures. I know it says DCU but it is for the Retro Figures. It is cool. Does anyone else have these one of these boxes. It would be nice to track them all down.
      Last edited by supercrazy; Feb 11, '10, 5:54 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

That would be cool to own.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Here is my box:

1. Interesting that is says "Hal Jordan". Wasn't there talk of Guy Gardner in the first wave?
          2. My box was out of 60 instead of 35. Is Luthor going to be short-packed?
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• supercrazy
            Banned
            • Oct 3, 2006

Others post pics of your shipping boxes.

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

Here is mine...
              sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

mine is 9 out of 60.

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

This is somewhat insightful. I gather from this that Animetasia (who is a toy wholesaler in LA) put together a direct order, and is one of the wholesalers Mattel originally mentioned in their announcement (Diamond would be another). They put together an order for 60 cases of each figure, with each case having 8 figures, making 480 sets of 4 available and likely shipped in this first early wave. They placed the order early, back when these were still going to be "world's greatest super heroes" and used W.G.S.H as their own internal Purchase Order number for tracking purposes.

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

I think you might be onto something. So each case is 8 of 1 figure - like Hal Jordan -
                    not 2 sets of 4? That means the wholesaler will have to open four cases at a time
                    to ship out sets of 4 figures?
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                      Here is my box:

1. Interesting that is says "Hal Jordan". Wasn't there talk of Guy Gardner in the first wave?
                      2. My box was out of 60 instead of 35. Is Luthor going to be short-packed?
                      How can Luthor be short packed if the case is nothing but him? These aren't assortment cases. Just individual characters. What I think is strange is the fact that the 35 and 60 are printed on the box, not stamped or written. So that number was there when the box was printed. It should have had to be written on the box. I think they printed the boxes long before they decided final details about the line.

Comment

• toystalker
                        none
                        • Mar 27, 2008

agreed i have been offered wholesale cases of 8 of all the same character... 4 cases to be exact... or 8 12....
                        but they also offered to split them down 2 supes 2 gl 2 sin 2 lex if i want it that way like bk

Comment

• Hulk
                          Mayor of Megoville
                          • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by drmego
                          I think you might be onto something. So each case is 8 of 1 figure - like Hal Jordan -
                          not 2 sets of 4? That means the wholesaler will have to open four cases at a time
                          to ship out sets of 4 figures?
                          Yes, Diamond specifically told me I could order any quantity of individual figures. The seller just seems to be reusing whatever packages he has laying around, which is exactly what i do when mixing orders. And if Toys R Us is seeing a sellthrough rate of 2 Supermen to 1 Lex Luthor, they can order more Supes on the next round. At least that is my take on the reasoning behind this (which seems a lot smarter than shortpacking any particular figure).

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            How can Luthor be short packed if the case is nothing but him? These aren't assortment cases. Just individual characters. What I think is strange is the fact that the 35 and 60 are printed on the box, not stamped or written. So that number was there when the box was printed. It should have had to be written on the box. I think they printed the boxes long before they decided final details about the line.
                            I guess shorted-pack isn't the correct term. However, what I was trying to say is that Animetasia order 60*8 = 480 Green Lanterns and Sinenstros, but only 35*8 = 280 of Lex Luthor. Anyone get a Superman box yet? Maybe they ordered mores boxes of him since he is the most recognized character.
                            Last edited by pmwasson; Feb 13, '10, 4:09 PM. Reason: typo
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              I am guessing that Animetasia ordered only 35 cases of Lex Luthor in this instance. This order is only for one wholesaler, who went direct ship, and the factory snuck these out before Chinese New Years. It is also possible they ordered 60 cases, but the factory only had 35 cases to offer at that moment. These boxes get printed as they get ready for shipment, not ahead of time.

Unless Mattel has some vested interest in Animetasia, they should really talk to their factory about their shipping priorities, because this early shipment really put the rest of the wholesalers (and TRU) at a distinct early sales disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎