X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Light or dark blue boots for Sinestro?

OK, now that most have seen decent photos of the Mattel Sinestro, or have him in hand, and have seen both the light blue and dark blue Cast-A-Way boots, which do you think match the blue in Sinestro's uniform best? Not which match the color of his boots best, but the blue in his uniform. I need to know what color boots to order when I do.

Thanks!
  • gonzo
    Banned
    • Feb 3, 2010

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
    OK, now that most have seen decent photos of the Mattel Sinestro, or have him in hand, and have seen both the light blue and dark blue Cast-A-Way boots, which do you think match the blue in Sinestro's uniform best? Not which match the color of his boots best, but the blue in his uniform. I need to know what color boots to order when I do.

Thanks!
    Another question is which color would dye the best? Then you could make them whatever color you please!

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

dyeing tends to dull the boots out. Trust me I tried. I use duplicolor vinyl and plastic paint. They have a nice blue.
      sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

True, but I am trying to keep the customizing/mods to a minimum. I would rather just purchase some already blue boots. They don't have to be a PERFECT match, just close.

Comment

• Jerry68
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 12, 2008

go with the light blue. Here is my sinestro, he has the light blue. The dark blue is dark..
          Last edited by Jerry68; Feb 11, '10, 6:29 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I just got a set today, and I would go with light blue if that is what is on the figure above, but I would suggest getting the figure first before ordering.

I didn't think I would, but I actually like the Sinestro boots.

However, the boots do look bulky to me on Superman and GL. But really this figures look great to me. I'm looking forward to getting a set for my great nephew and maybe a Superman the son of a buddy of mine.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

I'll Trade for Mattel Boots ! LMK ...
              You Guy's are Nuts,.. I like them alot.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Thanks Jerry, those look like they will work just fine.

I will be waiting to get the new figures to make sure I still want to make the switch, but from photos I have seen, it is likely I will. The Castaway boots are such a drastic improvement on my Green Arrow.
                Last edited by Remco Monster; Feb 11, '10, 7:13 PM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Jerry68
                  go with the light blue. Here is my sinestro, he has the light blue. The dark blue is dark..
                  Jerry,

What is the exact "Blue" name when using Dupli Color Vinyl & Fabric Dye Spray? There are color names like Medium Blue, Sky Blue, etc. I'm looking for the blue you used on your Sinestro boots which I believe is also the Blue on the boots sold by CastAWay Toys? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
                  Boy

Comment

• Jerry68
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                    Jerry,

What is the exact "Blue" name when using Dupli Color Vinyl & Fabric Dye Spray? There are color names like Medium Blue, Sky Blue, etc. I'm looking for the blue you used on your Sinestro boots which I believe is also the Blue on the boots sold by CastAWay Toys? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
                    Boy
                    Those are the Castaway light bue boots. I bought the duplicolor HVP102 Vinyl Blue I used this on my 70/s Batman
                    sigpic

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Jerry68
                      Those are the Castaway light bue boots. I bought the duplicolor HVP102 Vinyl Blue I used this on my 70/s Batman
                      http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...701Batman4.jpg
                      Thanks Jerry! You are the best!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎