Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New close up pics of carded wave 1 DC heroes!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

New close up pics of carded wave 1 DC heroes!!

Check them out here at:

DC Superheroes Mattel Retro-Action (Mego Vintage Style) Series 1 Action Figure Set of 4 - Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Superman & Sinestro

You can also look at each individual figure for an even closer look. They look AWESOME!!! Can't friggin wait to see series 2!!!

One of the things that really impresses me is how good the color matching is between the cloth, rubber, plastic and vinyl pieces of the outfits. They really nailed it.
    Last edited by enyawd72; Feb 8, '10, 11:02 AM.
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

I like em' too . . . . It's puzzling to me when I read posts that seem to pick these things apart. This is a dream come true for all of us, take a moment and appreciate what's going on here . . .
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Agreed. These things are certainly a dream come true for many!!
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

GL has a Shatner thing going on, kind of funny considering how many customs of him have use Captain Kirk as a base.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• DavidCoppola
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

Are these available at ToysRus yet?

Comment

• levyguy
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 4, 2009

They are available NOW? !!!!

Comment

• Captain_Mego
              Vet.
              • May 22, 2007

Those look fantastic....out standing Job

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by megojim
                I like em' too . . . . It's puzzling to me when I read posts that seem to pick these things apart. This is a dream come true for all of us, take a moment and appreciate what's going on here . . .
                That is sooooo true.
                I look at stuff like Haiti, and I think, if the biggest problem you have in life is Superman's boots, you don't have any problems.

Enjoy life's little pleasures people...

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I think they look great.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• mitchedwards
                    Mego Preservation Society
                    • May 2, 2003

These look great.

I hope Amazon gets these in soon

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

awesome
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Some folks have different expectations about what they envision as a MEGO. Or even what they envision as Mego-like. These folks have just as much of a right to state their dissatisfaction as you do to state your elation. Not everyone on these boards agrees with each other on every single point. It is good that way, it makes it much more interesting and easier to hold a conversation.

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by rche
                          Some folks have different expectations about what they envision as a MEGO. Or even what they envision as Mego-like. These folks have just as much of a right to state their dissatisfaction as you do to state your elation. Not everyone on these boards agrees with each other on every single point. It is good that way, it makes it much more interesting and easier to hold a conversation.
                          Ok let's say this is so . . . . isn't that a very narrow viewpoint? (i.e. they didn't make these the way I wanted them to be) you gotta think big picture here . . . . would we all prefer the older style boots?, I think so, but Mattel is doing what they think is best based on what they know and what Paul has given them. Again all I'm saying is take some time to enjoy them and a little less time being a NY Times Toy Critic (not you specifically) I think I speak for many here when I say I can't wait to walk into a ToysRus and see these guys hanging on a peg! what a day that will be! . . . for now I just can't wait until AmokTime ships mine!
                          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
                            Museum Gunslinger
                            • Oct 15, 2007

Those pics look great! Thanks so much for the link Enyawd72
                            NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Ok let's say this is so . . . . isn't that a very narrow viewpoint? (i.e. they didn't make these the way I wanted them to be) you gotta think big picture here . . . . would we all prefer the older style boots?, I think so, but Mattel is doing what they think is best based on what they know and what Paul has given them. Again all I'm saying is take some time to enjoy them and a little less time being a NY Times Toy Critic (not you specifically) I think I speak for many here when I say I can't wait to walk into a ToysRus and see these guys hanging on a peg! what a day that will be! . . . for now I just can't wait until AmokTime ships mine!
                              What he said.
                              I'm a member of the He-man forums too, and they are really bad over there about "voicing their opinions". My god, every time a new figure is shown, there's somebody demanding a boycott of Mattel over something like "They flocked Moss Man's ears!" (No, I'm not kidding.)
                              Problem with the internet is people put too much importance on their own input. Not every figure is going to be the way you like it, so just like it for what it is.

People who look for something wrong with everything always find it. FACT

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎