X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mefiboschet
    Career Member
    • Nov 29, 2003

custom SW Princess - Leia Any info???

This custom Star Wars Princess Leia figure was just on ebay. I was one of the bidders, but didn't get the figure.
    I'm itching to get a Leia outfit like that for my 8" Mego custom Star Wars collection.
    I contacted the seller and asked, if he could make another figure or has any info on it, but he replied, he found it in a figure lot and has no idea, where it came from. (I know, the head is a Wizard of Oz Dorothy)
    Maybe it was made by somebody on the board?
    Does anybody know, what kind of boots these are and what the belt was made from (Is it a 12" Wonderwoman diadem?)
    Who could make me that outfit on commission?

Thanks!
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

The boots are probably Dinah Mite's. I've seen a lot Leia customs wearing them. The dress pattern could be made by copying the basic female jumpsuit(ie, tracing) then turning the legs into a skirt, and elongating the sleeves. The hood could be copied from another piece of doll clothing - you'd have to experiment. Tracing tiara and turning it upside down would be a pretty good fit for that belt.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• bobbait
      What, me worry?
      • Jun 9, 2005

Brian Lietner can do it for you...
      Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
      sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

Excellent use of a Dorothy head. Looks like it's made with T-shirt material. Could use CTVT boots as well. Brian could do this suit no problem. The belt looks like those Happy Birthday letters you can buy, the ones all strung together. Just shiny plastic. I just dumped the Congrats from my nephews bridal shower. I could have had a rainbow of colors with that one. I still kick myself for not grabbing the Phoenix figure Brian made from him at the Meet. It was simply awesome. I think DaveMc got it if I'm not mistaken. That would make an awesome custom figure for next year, wink,wink,nod,nod.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

I can't tell for sure from the pictures but those boots kind of look like white Zira boots.

That head does look alot like Carrie Fisher.
          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I LOVE that Figure...I bid on it as well. But it went to high.
            sigpic

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

That's so weird. I came home from work early this week and my son had started making this very custom. He's 8. He took his Dorothy and asked his mother to do her hair up. I was impressed with the results. Enough that when he asked me to make a white dress for her, I had to. He'd had such a great idea that I had to help him finish it.

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

great custom the dress could be a 12'' shrunken by drying it ? is this possible ?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎