X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron_fox85
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 14, 2008

*sighs* my megos are breaking.

spock and mccoy broke that plastic hole of the arm which is held by the metal hook or whatever, the metal pretty much grind and tore through the plastic.

i'm scared that sulu and scotty might stuffer the same fate. kirk has no problems as his joints are'nt as tight. i think its due to the tightness of the joints.

so i'm been debating to buy body replacements. but as of now i dont have much cash.

i been looking at the castaway bodies as they seem in a word 'better' constructed and doesnt have me worried. i had to give chevok a tvclassictoys body. anyways, it has me scared about the dc mego figures, will i experiance this nightmare if i ever get my paws on them?

i seriously think emce needs to work to loosen the joints a lil...becus for me this sucks. i'm only 24 and i am into mego. but this crap (two of my fave figs) are pretty much in the corner waiting for repairs.

i dunno. i am just upset and i need to speak whats on my mind. *sighs* and i spend alot of money on these guys 17:99 if memory serves...

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I've had some good luck talking to Doc about breakage issues. He actually sent me some replacement parts for a few of my factory errors. You may want to ask directly and see what happens.

good luck with it

btw: the new retro-action DĒ items are not on an EMCE body and would not have these issues
    Last edited by rche; Feb 5, '10, 2:18 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Glad you did, I've got 3 doc bodies that have cracked torsos. All I got was a how to on fixing it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Mego Trek bods are pretty common, and you can probably just replace the upper arm. The Doc ones are a softer plastic that gets stretched by the bands.

Don C.

Comment

• megozilla13
          Persistent Member
          • May 10, 2002

Its a shame after all this time and with all the new figures coming out with this body, that the shoulder problem hasn't been re-engineered and fixed.

mikej
          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

I love Doc.

His bodies are the best.

I like both Castaway and Doc's bodies for customs, so I really can't tell you which one is better.

Both of them have their good points, and probably their bad points.

I haven't inspected any of my Castaway bods for the rubber band issue, but I agree that they are strung way too tight.

If it's really an issue, you could always restring them using elastic cord. There's a couple of tutorials here on the forum that deal with that.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Reading your posts bring back so many bad memories of breaking Megos as a kid. I went through at least 3 Batman figures in the 1970s.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Iron_fox85
                spock and mccoy broke that plastic hole of the arm which is held by the metal hook or whatever, the metal pretty much grind and tore through the plastic.

i'm scared that sulu and scotty might stuffer the same fate. kirk has no problems as his joints are'nt as tight. i think its due to the tightness of the joints.

so i'm been debating to buy body replacements. but as of now i dont have much cash.

i been looking at the castaway bodies as they seem in a word 'better' constructed and doesnt have me worried. i had to give chevok a tvclassictoys body. anyways, it has me scared about the dc mego figures, will i experiance this nightmare if i ever get my paws on them?

i seriously think emce needs to work to loosen the joints a lil...becus for me this sucks. i'm only 24 and i am into mego. but this crap (two of my fave figs) are pretty much in the corner waiting for repairs.

i dunno. i am just upset and i need to speak whats on my mind. *sighs* and i spend alot of money on these guys 17:99 if memory serves...
                I love Doc's Bodies and Castaways Also. I usually re-string both of them anyway. Don't fret fox85, You're Megos are very salvagable. If you want send them to me and i'll re-string them....Free of charge. Here's a sample of a few re-strung Doc and Castaway bodies......See below.
                With my Re-stringing method i get 100% F.R.O.M (full range of motion).
                All these bodies have been re-strung.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 8, '10, 5:49 PM.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                  w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                  • Sep 17, 2008

I've never had an issue with the male bodies from Doc, but I have had two female bodies brake on me now. The hip pins are WAY to fragile to take the amount of stress put on them by the elastics. The little plastic hooks on the hip pins are very prone to snapping off. Now, the small batch of female bodies I bought was back around the time that Doc first got them in, so this may or may not be something that has been corrected. I hope so cuz I think Doc's stuff is great otherwise.
                  MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• spamn
                    Minty and All-Original!
                    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
                    I've never had an issue with the male bodies from Doc, but I have had two female bodies brake on me now. The hip pins are WAY to fragile to take the amount of stress put on them by the elastics. The little plastic hooks on the hip pins are very prone to snapping off. Now, the small batch of female bodies I bought was back around the time that Doc first got them in, so this may or may not be something that has been corrected. I hope so cuz I think Doc's stuff is great otherwise.
                    I've had the same problem with hip pins on some female bodies as well as some male ones. I haven't checked or inquired if replacement hip pins are available. Are they?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I have found the rubber bands in Doc's bodies are too tight. I have not had any breakage issues with the EMCE stuff but then I don't open those. My son has a complete set of the EMCE trek and most of the Apes and he has not broken any yet, so that is a good sign. I just find that the arm articulation is limited because the bands are too tight

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by Iron_fox85

I had two Soldier apes with this problem, Doc Mego took em back fixed em and sent them to me great as new!

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

Send me the broken figures and I will fix them. I had some problems with my
                          old factory twisting the rubber bands too tight (among other problems), so I have switched to a new factory who just sent me a shipment of bodies.

It is still people who assemble these toys and some people do a good job
                          assembling and some people do a poor job. All I can do is offer to fix the
                          bad ones. MEGO made you go buy a new toy.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                            old factory twisting the rubber bands too tight (among other problems), so I have switched to a new factory who just sent me a shipment of bodies.

Definitely,....Good news! Thanks Doc.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by drmego

You can't get that anywhere. This is why Dr. Mego is the best.
                              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎