Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want Black Adam or Dr Sivana/Mr Mind?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Do you want Black Adam or Dr Sivana/Mr Mind?

So facing off against the Big Red Cheese.

Who do you think is more of an Arch-Foe to the Re-Mego Captain Marvel?

How do you want to see them portrayed.

Black Adam: Darker Complexion? Pointy Ears? "Evil" Looking or more the ambiguous character he's been in recent years in JSA and 52?

Dr Sivana: Teen Titans Body? Munchkin/Our Gang Body? Regular Body? Packaged witha PVC Mr Mind (classic glasses). Green Mumu? White Smock?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather see a classic Sivana with Mr. Mind accessory.

Not picky about scale, but I'd like the white-smocked "druggist" version, molded glasses.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I'd think Black Adam would be the more likely choice...not sure if Mattel would make a figure (Sivana) that is going to require a smaller body unless they have many figures that could make use of that body.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I've always HATED Captain Marvel...so I'm hoping Mattel doesn't waste time making any of them.
        sigpic

Comment

• Orion
          Museum Night Watchman
          • Mar 11, 2008

Tough choice. I think Black Adam might be the easier figure to make given the size of the body, etc. But I think I would prefer Dr. Sivana along with Mr. Mind. That would be a really fun figure to see.

And with respect to Captain Marvel in general - the character was in the DCUC line and has gotten a lot of play in the comics over the past several years. I would be surprised if Mattel considered him to be a waste of time figure.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Orion
            I would be surprised if Mattel considered him to be a waste of time figure.
            Mattel may not...but I do.
            Last edited by The Bat; Feb 2, '10, 9:47 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I've never heard of either character

Comment

• Orion
                Museum Night Watchman
                • Mar 11, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                Mattel may not...but I do.
                I totally get that. And I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I was just thinking about the character from a marketing perspective. Will this character sell if produced in this scale? Mattel has produced a Shazam figure for the DCUC, Infinite Heroes, and JLU lines. Don't know if there are any other iterations off the top of my head. But I would think Mattel would be able to assess the numbers they made off of these versions and decide whether Shazam warrants a Retro-hero remake. Also, the fact that Shazam hit the original Mego line may cause them to think the fans would want an updated version of this figure. Just some thoughts.

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  I'd think Black Adam would be the more likely choice...not sure if Mattel would make a figure (Sivana) that is going to require a smaller body unless they have many figures that could make use of that body.
                  Sivana would work on a Titans body. Which could lead to....Titans!!
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• rkrefft
                    • Jan 21, 2010

I'd rather have Sivana/Mr. Mind I think they were bigger then Black Adam in the 70's. I always think of Black Adam being more popular in the Modern Age.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Black Adam would be a more logical choice, given body type and a similar suit as Shazam! Plus he'd kick Sivana's behind in a fight.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• puckace
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Feb 5, 2009

Black Adam w/pointed ears. He looks evil and we need more villains. Although I like the character, Sivana's a possible peg warmer and I don't want any of those messing with the start of the line.

puckace

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

One for Captain Marvel and one for CM Jr or Mary to face off against.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                            I've always HATED Captain Marvel...so I'm hoping Mattel doesn't waste time making any of them.
                            "Hate" is a strong word, and wasting one's time is relative.

Obviously, Mattel should just ignore the whole Marvel mythos, and make Ra's al Ghul instead...
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

I'd like to see them do the whole Marvel family line, but Black Adam is a cool character, especially if they redo Cap into a better looking figure. not interested in a remake of the Mego figure on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎