X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego70
    • Jul 4, 2007

Hutch Boot Variations

Hi

I know it has been mentioned before, but has anyone actually seen a carded Hutch figure with any footwear actually different to the Mr F boot?

I know it is mentioned about mocassins and Fonzie boots, but has anyone ever seen a carded figure with those variations? I have only ever seen the Mr F boot on a carded figure.

However, I have seen and owned carded Starskys with both mocassins and Fonzie boots, but not Hutch.

Many thanks to you all.

• batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

i have seen a carded hutch with moccasins. i have not seen him carded with fonzie boots though.

Comment

• English Paul
      Archive cased.
      • Aug 17, 2005

Only ever seen him with Mr F boots on a card. I have a Mego Hutch and he wears Mr F boots and the 3 Palitoy carded Hutches I have had also wear the Mr F boots. It is my assumption that the majority of the Trek booted figures (esp here in the UK) probably came in the boxed twin pack. I have had about 10 loose Palitoy brown vest Hutches from ebay over the last couple of years and they seem to be 60/40 split in favour of the Mr F boots.

In fact I have never seen either Starsky or Hutch with anything other than the standard footwear carded.
      Last edited by English Paul; Aug 30, '07, 11:51 AM.
      "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• mego70
        • Jul 4, 2007

Yes Im pretty sure its the boxed pair of figures that have the trek bodies. I do have a photo of a carded Starsky with fonzie boots just like the one I had, but that carded Hutch with mocassins must be very rare because im always trawling the sales for carded Hutch figures and ive only ever seen Mr F.

One day Im going to try and get a carded Palitoy Hutch just like the one I had when I was 8, but they don't come up for sale too often.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

Very interesting...I never knew about this variation thanks.

Comment

• English Paul
            Archive cased.
            • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by mego70
            One day Im going to try and get a carded Palitoy Hutch just like the one I had when I was 8, but they don't come up for sale too often.
            Two months ago I had two for sale - where were you I still have one but it currently is been saved for someone. If the deal falls through i`ll be in touch.
            "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• mego70
              • Jul 4, 2007

Hi Paul

I do recall seeing a couple for sale a while back, so maybe they were yours. Its all about getting the timing right with these things and me having that extra bit of money to splash out and buy one. How much do they usually go for?
              Cheers
              Rob

Comment

• English Paul
                Archive cased.
                • Aug 17, 2005

Rob.

I fully understand what you say about having the cash at the right time. I`ve been lucky and not paid over £25 for any of the three I have had my hands on. I got one on a buy it now about 18 months ago. The latest two were just luck - an auction ending mid afternoon which I won. It turned out the guy had two so he sold me the other for the same price and sent it free of charge I resold one for £36 and have kept the other which is pending a sale. The third is still in my collection. These used to do good money but they don`t seem to anymore.
                Now if only I could stumble across a Palitoy Starsky the same way I have set myself a cap of £50 on one because I have seen them go for that before and know with patience that it will happen again. It was just a case of not "having that extra bit of money to splash out and buy one" at the time.

Comment

• mego70
                  • Jul 4, 2007

There is the Fonzie booted version of Starsky.

I havent seen a carded Palitoy Starsky for a while, they are cool. We are quite lucky really in collection S&H figures in that they don't seem to reach the crazy heights in terms of cost that other figures do.
                  Cheers
                  Rob

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎