X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Let's talk about Isis.

This one's a tough one since Matty has a license to do DC Comics characters.

The Mego we know and love is not owned by DC Comics as far as I can tell. It was originally owned by Filmation.

However, recently DC introduced their own version of Isis (since she is a public domain goddess of the ancients) and tied her to the Shazam family (through Black Adam).

How passionate are you that a Re-Mego should look like Joanna Cameron from The Secret of Isis?

Would you be willing to accept a DC Comics Isis as a Re-Mego instead? She's actually probably as close to the original as they can get skating close to a lawsuit. Darker complexion, sexier outfit etc.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Kal-El
    Kirby is King
    • May 6, 2008

Sexy ,that would work! But I think that there not going to make many female figures
    sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

Since the original Mego version was a redone Wonder Woman head, it didn't really look that much like Joanna Cameron to begin with. There are a lot of characters I'd rather see before Isis, but I'd be fine with the current comic version, as long as she come with some kind of cool sandals.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, sandals that don't BREAK when you breathe on them too hard! LOL!

I never had an original Isis back then, although I have a couple of original heads and bodies now.

I'd love to see her done in the new outfit, with better sandals, gold leaf that doesn't flake off, and a better sculpt.

Make her look like Joanna Cameron too. The original, recycled WW sculpt was just too generic looking.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

Good God, I hope they don't make an Isis.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

I really don't think the sales would be there to justify an Isis figure....especially when there are plenty of other DC females that aren't as sketchy as to ownership. Like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman, Mera, Black Canary, Mary Marvel, Zatanna, Star Sapphire, Cheetah, Giganta, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Wonder Girl, Poison Ivy....And they would all infinitely sell better than Isis.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

Oh man, I'd LOVE to see a Mera!
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Much as I like Isis, Toyroom is right--there are many other more worthy female characters.

Other than re-dos, I'd love to see Black Canary, Mera, Mary Marvel, Cheetah, Giganta, Poison Ivy. Maybe even Zatanna...

And Paula von Gunther
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Even if they don't make the figure, we can always come up with something here on the forum.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• wonderfan32
                    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    Yeah, sandals that don't BREAK when you breathe on them too hard! LOL!

I never had an original Isis back then, although I have a couple of original heads and bodies now.

I'd love to see her done in the new outfit, with better sandals, gold leaf that doesn't flake off, and a better sculpt.

Make her look like Joanna Cameron too. The original, recycled WW sculpt was just too generic looking.
                    I believe the reason you probably won't see a Joanna Cameron version at all, other than she's not as popular now as she was then, is because Mattel would actually have to pay for Joanna's likeness. Joanna would have to give her consent. I believe this is the reason the animated versions and some of the comics didn't look exactly like her back in the day (you'll recall how Mego took Lynda Carter's name off all the recurring versions of the Wonder Woman doll because they have to pay for that).

If Mattel would even entertain the thought, I would like it to look like Joanna or at least not just a generic face used for all the females. I would also like to see the ankle boots she wore in the TV show. The earlier comics and animated versions have her in boots, some higher than she wore on TV.

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

The only good thing about doing Isis would be to get those damn sandals made.
                      www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• bobws
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 13, 2008

The Isis for the recent stories would be nice , but there are about 40 other female heroes and villians that deserve to be made before her. and all of those are from around the same time period of 70-80's.
                        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎