X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

New info from Matty.com, females and exclusives

Just saw this, good news yes to female charaters, Shazam is a possibility, bad news SDCC exclusive figure

Q2. For the Retro Action line… Are female characters being considered? Will there be a SDCC exclusive for this line? Is Captain Marvel a possibility? I know he sometimes has licensing issues…
    Thanks! and love this new line! Green Arrow is fantastic!

A2. Okay, now you’re cheating with the number of questions! We do have females planned, and we’ll be announcing SDCC exclusives in April(ish). Yes, “Shazam!” (or Captain Marvel) is part of our overall DC license and could be included in this line.

For the love of Mego's
  • Caelonfox
    • Aug 7, 2008

That sounds great except for the show exclusive!! I hate show exclusives! It better not be a major character!!
    Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Watch the SDCC one be a good one like Joker.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

F U C K exclusives
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

uhhgh, just noticed it was "exclusives" plural in the Matty answer.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Matty Collector turned out to be no trouble at all. A SDCC exclusive on the other Hand, means I won't be able to get one. I won't pay $150.00 for one on eBay.

GREAT news on the Female Figures though!
            sigpic

Comment

• Kal-El
              Kirby is King
              • May 6, 2008

Watch Batman be the exclusive.
              sigpic

Comment

• wilbs518
                Mego Collector
                • Jul 25, 2009

Great news! Don't forget mattycollector sells the sdcc exclusives after the show for the same price. I had no trouble getting them this year or last.
                sigpic

Comment

• MightyMegs
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 5, 2009

SDCC exclusives? The pain... the paaaaaain....

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

they won't do a major character as an exclusive like that....unless it is a variation of hte figure that will be mass produced....they can make to much money mass producing a Batman figure so they would not limit themselves to just a few hundred or a few thousand

I hate the idea of a comic con exclusive to though, not like I am going to fly out there just to purchase a toy and on the secondary market prices will be ridiculous

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Will we every see an exclusive that Mego Museum members get 1st crack at? Probably not...
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• rcbats1
                        Banned
                        • Nov 1, 2005

[QUOTE=Nostalgiabuff;462911]they won't do a major character as an exclusive like that....unless it is a variation of hte figure that will be mass produced....they can make to much money mass producing a Batman figure so they would not limit themselves to just a few hundred or a few thousand

I think you are probably right. I'd be afraid the SDCC figure will be the outlet for something like Removable Cowl Batman or another popular variant from the Classic Mego Line...secret Identity's?...or how about Secret Identity packs with costumes included?

Mitch

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

There's going to be SDCC exclusives ?

Shame they can't leave well enough alone instead of alienating 90% of collectors so early in the line's run.

Make 1 figure (even a non important one) that everyone who wants one can't get and you sabotage the line forever after.

The "collect them all" collector mentality is destroyed

thumbs down

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                            GL of Mego Sector
                            • Oct 8, 2007

So far when ever Mattel has a SDCC exclusive they have a stock that goes on sale after the show on mattycollector.com, so it will just be like Green Arrow again, I personally have not had a problem getting a Mattel SDCC exclusive from the website. So I am not so worried.
                            No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

Shame they can't leave well enough alone instead of alienating 90% of collectors so early in the line's run.
                              I agree, but since we know Mattel has other things planned for the Retro Action Line, we cannot assume that it will be a superhero. It could be an 8" Big Jim or a Mego-like Matt Mason (since the movie is coming out.) Something that would make hard-core collectors go wild without upsetting the casual purchaser. (Trying to think positively, as I too would hate to see a cool DC character going for big money, only).
                              It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎