X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiderman67
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 28, 2010

possible marvel emce characters?

anyone know if the marvel super heroes will be joining in on the retro heroes line?
    Take two mego's and call me in the morning.
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

The DC characters belong to Mattel, and the Marvel characters belong to I think Hasbro (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and that's a WHOLE different license for Doc to get.

Right now, he has his hands full with Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, DC, Night of the Living Dead, his family, and his other stuff. So, if, and I do mean IF, he gets the license, it'll probably be around the time that his kids are in high school. LOL!
    JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I think these are as close as we will get from Hasbro in the mainstream mass market. They seem to have folded up shop when it comes to cloth figures of that scale.

I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of sneaking it through the collector's market via Diamond Select and Distribution. That is how we got the new Retro-Trek's right?

It appears that Diamond Select is still producing slightly higher end action figures (and minimates). These guys are at a similar price point to the Mattel Retro figures.

Not sure what kind of impossible legal hoops would be involved in someone working on both Marvel and DC properties simultaneously though. Maybe it would have be to someone other than EMCE?

I mean success breeds more of the same right? So if Mattel's foray into the Mego-like figure market is a huge success for DC, I'm sure Marvel wouldn't hesitate to get a piece of that action if the opportunity arose. Given the depth of product we got for the Famous Covers line, that mush show some precedence for that kind of figure in the Collector's market.
      Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 28, '10, 7:58 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

All I am going to say if for some reason (or miracle) Marvel gets involved. The logical first guy they better make is the one and only Captain America!!!

'nuff said!!!..lock the thread.

Anyone pick up that Iron Spider? I missed out. If they want to sell it I'd buy it. I want to make a mego version of that suit for my daughter.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• boynightwing
          That Carl Guy
          • Apr 24, 2002

I didn't get the Iron Spider but I got Spidy in the black suit. He's pretty awesome.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
            WANTED for card bending
            • Apr 26, 2008

Passed on all of them except Cap and Punisher...

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

They screwed up that line...it had potential. I was hoping for all the members of the FF and they did a crappy Johnny Storm and Reed wasn't to bad but i passed on buying it. I was hoping they were going to do the Thing and The Invisible Woman. The Punisher head sculpt sucked.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎