X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

What Micronauts to bring to MEGOMEET?

I'll be putting up a Micronaut display case at MegoMeet this year, as I did last year. Here are a couple of pics:

A look into the upper level of the display case I filled with Micronaut toys for MegoMeet 2006.

Display case I filled with Micronaut toys as part of the Mego Toys exhibits for the weekend. My youngest daughter peering at the lower shelf.

My basic plan is to set up something more or less the same: Basic Micronaut pieces that would bring back memories for people who grew up with them - loose and packaged - as well as some interesting or rarer import & reissue pieces. My question is, however, what other sorts of things would the gang attending MegoMeet like to see?

I can add specific items to the display, or simply keep them around to show off at the social events Friday and for chatting Saturday. I won't be doing a lecture this year, so there won't be anything in the lecture room like last year's prototype artwork display...

Items on display during my lecture at MegoMeet 2006. Original 1978 concept art for Hornetroid, Antron, Membros & Repto. Original concept art for Nemesis, as well as 2 rejected preliminary designs. Classic Mego Dealer Catalog. All from my collection.

...But I can certainly bring along similar items at the request of Museum members and other lecturers or display-builders. I'm considering bringing the massive Microman BUILDBASE playset, possibly some Palisades prototypes, a handful of modern Microman toys, vintage Mego Micronaut-related paperwork & materials. I also may bring along some parts & etc for trade.

Any requests? Add to the thread!
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

I'd be interested in seeing the modern Microman stuff to see the "evolution". As a non-collector of Micronauts, I have to say I do enjoy seeing what all the excitement is about up close and and in person.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'd be interested in the paper work aspect, I love seeing the original designs.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• AcroRay
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 17, 2005

I'll bring along the original design artwork, and some modern Microman pieces.

Is the 'unproduced/unseen' Mego presentation still going on? I could provide the Alien Tower art and prototype photos for it.

Also, Brian, do you want me to bring the Hulk Explorer and Micronaut Hyperion, Solarion and Taurion for your Pocket Heroes talk?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Yes please, that'd be perfect.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• joshvox
            Clown Prince of Crime
            • Mar 21, 2006

The only thing I can request, since I won't be there, is plenty of pictures. Micronauts have always been very interesting to me--although I collect mostly superhero stuff. Just really, really neat toys.

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

That's a very nice display, Ray...I wish I could be there.

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

Update: Micropolis Embassy/Gen-M member Jeff "Facehammer" Anderson has sent along some of his resin custom work to represent Micronauts in the Mego Customs display. You'll get the chance to see his fully-working, riveted resin recasts of Antron and Lobros in fancy new colors! These are amazing, and look off-the-shelf authentic!

I'm also providing Brian Heiler with Solarion, Taurion and Hyperion as well as the Hulk Explorer vehicles for his Pocket Hero line presentation so you'll be able to see those rarer Micronaut vehicles and their truly scarce recolored reincarnations.

Comment

• AcroRay
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by starbuk
                  Be sure to bring the Lobstros vehicle too
                  Will do - or what I've got of it, anyway!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍