X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Question for the Doc

Paul, does Mattel read any of these threads? Or do you tell them about them?
    But more importantly, in case they do read these, do they take into account our wishes, remarks, complaints, ... when deciding what figures to make next and how to do them?
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

Yes, yes, and yes.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Wow, really? That's cool to hear. Bet you they're scratching their heads right now with all these suggestions.
      Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they're discussing all of this
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toystalker
        none
        • Mar 27, 2008

thats cool to know

hello mattel your retro action green arrow is great, awsome and bringing the retro action figures back to life is just superb... but

can we have better ink in the printing of the card mines faded...blurry...and has ink run/blend? and a better quality backing card altogether please not 1 that has warped inside a sealed white mailer box... sliced the tape and looked inside for that magic to happen, looking back up at me is a warped backing card! it sure looks retro alright LOL looks like its 20-30 odd years old haha i can see it in another 20 years rolled up like a loo roll

looking forward to pretty much the same with the new wave but with improved packing quality would be great...

apart from that bring on supes and batman i cant wait

ta
        Last edited by toystalker; Jan 27, '10, 3:59 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Hey, how ya doing Mattel. Hurry up with the rest of the Superfriends.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Huh! You learn something new every day, it seems.

I don't really have any new suggestions. I've made quite a few over the past few days, and am currently out of ideas.

I think it's great that Mattel is actually informed as to what we, the customers want in a product. It shows that they actually care about our satisfaction as far as the product goes.
            JediJaida

Comment

• rcbats1
              Banned
              • Nov 1, 2005

Good!..then I'll post this here and every other Mattel thread(j/k)....but please make a removable Cowl Batman!!!

Mitch

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by rcbats1
                Good!..then I'll post this here and every other Mattel thread(j/k)....but please make a removable Cowl Batman!!!

Mitch
                With a Batarang as an accessory

Comment

• rcbats1
                  Banned
                  • Nov 1, 2005

Originally posted by Meule
                  With a Batarang as an accessory
                  Yes sir!!..thats right!!

Mitch

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by toystalker
                    can we have better ink in the printing of the card mines faded...blurry...and has ink run/blend?
                    You did/do realize the cards were/are supposed to be printed to look weathered and aged right??

Lynn

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

The guys at Mattel are very glad to hear about everyone's comments, as are Joe and I.

They are fans too, but they also have to do what their bosses tell them to do, and that
                      is what separates the fan from the professional.

The truth is that the biggest fan base for this line is DC fans. They bring the numbers
                      which determine what is done in the future.
                      www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

So my opinion doesn't count because I'm a Marvel Fanatic. DC is second best for me because Marvel has Spidey!!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Don't get me wrong... I will be getting all the DC Retro-Action Super Heroes. And Villains!

Comment

• rcbats1
                            Banned
                            • Nov 1, 2005

"They are fans too, but they also have to do what their bosses tell them to do, and that
                            is what separates the fan from the professional. "

Yikes. That almost sounds like you are referring to the Batman removable Cowl figure. I say this because I have talked to a few people over at DC licensing and Mattel and I have always asked why, with all the Batman figures we've had over the last 10 years why we havent had more...or at least one decent Batman with removable Cowl, ie: 13" DC Direct Batman,large select sculpt Batman and so on.
                            They tell me that it wont happen because when they try and do a Removable Cowl Batman it always comes out looking to big,goofy or not well fitting(think Hasbros Silver Age Batman removable Cowl from '99). I think this would be the perfect opportunity for the Removable Cowl to return. I hope they see that and take advantage of a sure selling figure be it a con exclusive or regular release. It /should/ happen...especially now.

Comment

• TrueDave
                              Toy Maker
                              • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by rcbats1
                              "They are fans too, but they also have to do what their bosses tell them to do, and that
                              is what separates the fan from the professional. "

Yikes. That almost sounds like you are referring to the Batman removable Cowl figure. I say this because I have talked to a few people over at DC licensing and Mattel and I have always asked why, with all the Batman figures we've had over the last 10 years why we havent had more...or at least one decent Batman with removable Cowl, ie: 13" DC Direct Batman,large select sculpt Batman and so on.
                              They tell me that it wont happen because when they try and do a Removable Cowl Batman it always comes out looking to big,goofy or not well fitting(think Hasbros Silver Age Batman removable Cowl from '99). I think this would be the perfect opportunity for the Removable Cowl to return. I hope they see that and take advantage of a sure selling figure be it a con exclusive or regular release. It /should/ happen...especially now.
                              "Whatchu talking about Wilis?"

Silver age DC Batman was perfect!

It filled that hole my mother left in my heart by throwing out Magnetic batman.

Hey Doc does Santa read the threads too?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎