Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other Superhero Barbies are in the future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

What other Superhero Barbies are in the future?

I've heard that there will be a Black Canary, but I was just wondering if there will be any others added to this line. I bought a bunch of cheap Barbie dolls when KayBee was going out of business and had planned to customize them, but I'm now deciding whether to donate them somewhere so I don't have to store them, or keep them. Has anyone heard anything else about the future of this line?
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by del
    I've heard that there will be a Black Canary, but I was just wondering if there will be any others added to this line. I bought a bunch of cheap Barbie dolls when KayBee was going out of business and had planned to customize them, but I'm now deciding whether to donate them somewhere so I don't have to store them, or keep them. Has anyone heard anything else about the future of this line?
    I haven't heard about this but I'd keep them if I were you
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• grayhank
      That Fisher Price Guy
      • Feb 9, 2007

More than likely she'll be the last one in the line. They've already done all the other mainstream DC Heroines (Wonder Woman (twice), Supergirl, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn and Marvel's Electra). Although Mera would be a nice addition.
      Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Besides the Canary, there's supposed to be new versions of Supergirl and Wonder Woman. For SG I'm hoping they use her original Silver Age look or her 70s Hot Pants look (think Mego artwork). Not sure what they could do with Wonder Woman, as they already released her twice in the kids line and once in the collectors line.

They've already done all the other mainstream DC Heroines (Wonder Woman (twice), Supergirl, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn and Marvel's Electra).
        And don't forget Catwoman (Halle Berry), Lois Lane (Superman returns), Invisible Girl and Mary Jane Watson.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
          Besides the Canary, there's supposed to be new versions of Supergirl and Wonder Woman. For SG I'm hoping they use her original Silver Age look or her 70s Hot Pants look (think Mego artwork). Not sure what they could do with Wonder Woman, as they already released her twice in the kids line and once in the collectors line.
          And don't forget Catwoman (Halle Berry), Lois Lane (Superman returns), Invisible Girl and Mary Jane Watson
          They could make Wonder Woman in the Golden Age look, kind of like how they depict Hippolyta's costume when she took over the WW role. They would need the skirt and the eagle across the bust instead of the stylized W symbol. An armored one would be cool too.
          I was also really hoping for Barbie as Zatanna. How about Power Girl or the Huntress? Or a comic-accurate Lois? I'd also like to see them make some of the younger characters, even if they used the Skipper doll for them. Cassie as Wonder Girl or Stargirl would be awesome. If they don't make her, I'm definitely going to customize Donna Troy in one of her WG outfits, or even as Troia.

Check out my customs!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

The most natural canidate would be Hawkgirl. JL/JLU gave her plenty of mainstream exposure, more than Black Canary. Mattel has issued tons of Barbie angels, so they have the wings laying around.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              The most natural canidate would be Hawkgirl. JL/JLU gave her plenty of mainstream exposure, more than Black Canary. Mattel has issued tons of Barbie angels, so they have the wings laying around.

Chris
              True But I think Black Canary and Zatanna are also good choices and easy for Mattel to do.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2005

harley quinn and Invisiable Girl were done too. I hope they do a few more before ending this line. Its a nice line for the price. I mean they aint as good as tonner but they are priced alot better and cute.

I would love Mera and Hawkgirl. Imagine a Silver Swan that would be great too but most unlikely . I wonder why they don't do any of the Ken as hero's since doing superman. I would also think they would do more villians. Too many heroines and not enough villians makes for a boring display and oh a toy line for kids too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

There was also a more comic-accurate Collector Catwoman sold only through Diamond I believe. It was kind of a cross between the Jim Balent purple bodysuit, the classic caped ball gown, and the current zipper jumpsuit outfits. It came out in 03/04.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Yup she's a Beauty I have one in my Collection.......

Here's a Stock Image

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                      Formerly known as Del
                      • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by jemboy2004
                      I wonder why they don't do any of the Ken as hero's since doing superman. I would also think they would do more villians. Too many heroines and not enough villians makes for a boring display and oh a toy line for kids too.
                      Because the "Ken as..." line wasn't nearly as aesthetically pleasing as the Barbies. I thought he looked like a wuss, even in the Lord of the Rings sets they made. For a superhero body, they'll have to introduce Barbie's new friend Butch, with kicking-sand-in-Ken's-face action.

Check out my customs!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎