Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SP: Any Vintage Star Wars 12" figure fans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luey
    Treasure Hunter
    • Jun 17, 2001

SP: Any Vintage Star Wars 12" figure fans?

Found a nice stash... all minty!!

~Luey
    Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN
  • luey
    Treasure Hunter
    • Jun 17, 2001

bump it up, bid bid bid!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Great figures, Luey! I have a special place in my heart and memory bank for these particular figures.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

I could very well place some last minute bids on these if the scenario(s) are
        in order (even though I shouldn't moneywise!)----nice stuff!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

I would so bid on that lot of 7 if I had the extra to let go of :(

Very nice bunch of figures! I hope you do well

Comment

• BradM
            • Aug 29, 2007

I like 'em!! However, that $50+ shipping charge will keep me from bidding. Good luck with the auction!

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

i love the boba fett . met the actor who played him super nice guy . boba fett became my favorite then and still is today. mike

Comment

• luey
                Treasure Hunter
                • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by BradM
                I like 'em!! However, that $50+ shipping charge will keep me from bidding. Good luck with the auction!
                Yeah, that's too bad, I haven't had one single winner from any International transaction complain about the price, I guess they like the Express shipping (3-5 days to most countries).... Plus I like the fact that they can't say they didn't get the package too if I shipped it economy... 1 PayPal chargeback cured me of that...

But hey, thanks for bringing that up!

~Luey

Comment

• BradM
                  • Aug 29, 2007

heh I just find it funny that Canada is considered "international" by most American sellers, although most boxed figs I buy I can easily get shipped for around $20 (some even 1/2 of that, and I've never had a problem receiving the item.) But I'm not complaining! I actually like the fact that the shipping cost is laid out up front, so folks will know what to expect.

Comment

• megoat
                    A Therefore Experience
                    • Jun 10, 2003

heh I just find it funny that Canada is considered "international" by most American sellers
                    "Funny"? Last time I checked Canada was not part of the United States.

although most boxed figs I buy I can easily get shipped for around $20 (some even 1/2 of that, and I've never had a problem receiving the item.)
                    The methods of shipment you are describing do not include tracking info. Have you ever heard of a chargeback? Do you realize that if a buyer lodges a complaint with Paypal and the seller does not have tracking info then the seller has absolutely no leg to stand on?

But I'm not complaining! I actually like the fact that the shipping cost is laid out up front, so folks will know what to expect.
                    Oh, but it does sound like you are complaining without taking into account why a seller may require a method of shipment that includes tracking info.....

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by megoat

The methods of shipment you are describing do not include tracking info. Have you ever heard of a chargeback? Do you realize that if a buyer lodges a complaint with Paypal and the seller does not have tracking info then the seller has absolutely no leg to stand on?

Oh, but it does sound like you are complaining without taking into account why a seller may require a method of shipment that includes tracking info.....
                      Hard to argue with those facts right there,I kind of had the same problem the other day,some guy was charging me $20 shipping for 2 12" vintage Joes from Canada,but when I got the package the seller was right.Shipping prices have gone up recently so keep that in mind
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BradM
                        • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by megoat
                        Oh believe me, I count myself lucky each and every day that we're not! And rather continue this conversation, I'll end my comments here, as it seems there is an "us against them" mentality brewing. All I did was make a simple comment as to what I perceived as higher-than-average shipping, and the flames start coming.

Calm down. Take a deep breath. There, don't you feel better?

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Oh believe me, I count myself lucky each and every day that we're not!
                          Those comments weren't necessary dude,no one here is dissing Canada.Some might just take a little offense cause Luey is a respectable member and seller,so if he says it costs that much,chances are he's right.

So calm down
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• luey
                            Treasure Hunter
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Oh believe me, I count myself lucky each and every day that we're not! And rather continue this conversation, I'll end my comments here, as it seems there is an "us against them" mentality brewing. All I did was make a simple comment as to what I perceived as higher-than-average shipping, and the flames start coming.

Higher than average? Have you ever sent a tracked Express package from the US to Canada? Ever think what those figures may weigh, they are not hollow, pretty heavy actually... Didn't think so... I will send regular airmail to Canada for a fraction of the cost if I know you (but I don't), just ask Palitoy... Some I can trust to actually say they received the package... Some buyers who I don't know or trust can claim non receipt and Paypal (who requires internet tracked shipping) will do a chargeback in 2 seconds flat if not sent Express tracked airmail... I don't deal in $10 items, chargebacks are too costly... Like I said, haven't had any complaints so far from winners on my auctions.... And I don't want to even go into those durn custom forms....
                            Last edited by luey; Sep 1, '07, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• megoat
                              A Therefore Experience
                              • Jun 10, 2003

I wasn't "flaming" at all. This is a discussion forum. I was responding to your statements. You pointed out the high shipping costs. Luey explained why. You seemed to not understand and went on to rudely imply that shipping to Canada is not "international" shipping (!!!) and that items can be sent much cheaper. Let me repeat. SELLERS WHO SELL EXPENSIVE ITEMS NEED TRAKCING INFO AS PROOF OF SHIPMENT. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING METHODS THAT INCLUDE TRACKING ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER METHODS OF SHIPMENT.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎