X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Anyone watch Survivor Season Finale?

Not a huge reality show watcher (my wife loves them all) but have been watching Survivor since it started about 8 years ago or so.

I absolutely can not believe what that scum bag nicknamed Dreamz did to the other survivor.

It is times when I see these particular shows or even the Trump show that I realize how many truly rotten people there are in this world.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I watched the first season and got bored with it after I found out it's mostly not real.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

I watched most of the finale, but only saw a few eps of this season.

Yeah, it was a nasty move, but lies are an intregal part of this game. I always get a kick out of the contestants who think this is about anything other than trying to win a million bucks. It'd be great if everyone could be at their sunday-school best while trying to do so, but I don't think that's a realistic expectation, and obviously the producers wouldn't want it that way to begin with.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
        Stays Crunchy in Milk
        • Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, I watched. Even with the big moves and major back-stabs this season was still kind of a snooze for me. I've watched it since season one and I think I'm finally done.

Two people I know got back this weekend from filming a CBS reality show. It's no secret that the producers of these shows manipulate everything, but with what I learned yesterday I was still amazed at just how far they actually go to create drama. Once the promo's start running I can talk more about it. I'm pretty excited to see the show. I think it will air in July.
        Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

I was more into this season than most. I was really hoping Yau-Man would pull it off and was mad the Dreamz did what he did. There was no way he was going to have a chance with the jury if he backed out of that deal---no way he had a chance at the money, so it was a waste.

Justice is never served on that show.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• z3zep
            The Girl Next Door
            • Sep 30, 2006

I had a feeling Dreamz was going to back out of the deal. He should have known that backing out of the deal would make the jury mad and that he would not win the million. Besides that he basically blew it for his original alliance: Alex, Ed, and Mookie's chances and handed over Rocky as well. In addition, Lisi and Stacey never liked him. So even before going back on his word about the car/immunity he really had no chance of winning.

I know it was the right move, but I was a bit disappointed that Earl voted off Yau-man.

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

That guy was from another planet. I was snookered by his pledge on his son's life. I hope the kid survives....

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Can you believe I wasted the whole season watching this only to forget that the finale was on last night? Stupid Sunday night switch! Anyway, I think it was crappy what Dreamz did to Yau but it was sort of expected. Dreamz has been playing both sides all season long running around gossiping at every turn. I didn't think he'd hold up to his end of the bargain and eventually go back on his word. But then again, what was Yau thinking when he made such an offer in the first place? For all of his otherwise brilliant strategy, that was the one stupid move he made in the game.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, Yau said as much. It was his own fault that happened. Still, I felt like it was a real downer ending.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                    Stays Crunchy in Milk
                    • Aug 2, 2004

Yau's biggest mistake was basically letting Dreamz know he was out if he gave up the necklace.
                    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I want the next Survivor installment to take place in Antarctica so they can all freeze to death.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

They have already announced it's going to be in China maybe they will be working in a Hasbro toy sweatshop.

If Dreamz had thought this through properly, he should have handed over the immunity necklace. Some of these reality show contestants can parley their 15 minutes of fame into some pretty lucrative deals. He had a 0% chance of winning the $1M. If he had just kept to his word and handed it over, he might have been looked at as a man of integrity and picked up some endorsement deals. I know it's all a game and he doesn't have a prominent career or anything but I know if he was working for me in the real world and I saw this happen on the show, I believe his career would come to a grinding halt.

Yau-Man on the other hand might be able to parley what he did and get some major national exposure. He made some strategic but fair deals, gave away a $60,000 car and even helped Earl find the other immunity idol. In the end, he was just too nice but that might serve him well and buy him some celebrity status for a while after the show was over.

The least that Dreamz could have done if he had any integrity, was to hand the keys to the truck back to Yau-Man but he just sort of laughed the whole thing off and it was one big game to him and maybe it was. I just think it's one thing to strategize and pick off a player who might feel safe but just not right to accept a gift of that magnitude and promise a quid pro quo only to not hold up to your end of the deal.

We have a lady here at my place of employment who suffered a tragedy around Christmastime. Her son was playing with matches and burned her entire house down, another son died in the fire....really sad. The company pulled together to raise money for her to help her get back on her feet. I appealed to my local church who raised about $5,000 for her. I don't even know her well at all but personally wrote her a check for $500. I'm sure many employees here were very generous as well. I would have donated it anonymously but the company asked that I write the check directly to her. She's been back to work for a few months and I realize that it takes time to go through the grieving process but to my knowledge, she has not thanked one person or even a note to the company acknowledging the donations or anything to my church. Like I said, I didn't need a pat on the back or anything, I did it out of pure compassion and human kindness. I was just really surprised that she never said "thank you" even if it was one card to hang up on the bulletin board.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                          Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                          • Nov 12, 2005

I have watched survivor since season one. If I was Dreamz, I would have done the same. It is a game, and Yao made a STUPID move by doing this. Dreamz played Yao out of a $60K truck and got Yao kicked off.

In the older seasons, the 2nd place person got $100K, but this time there were 3 finalist, and one got all the votes, so I am wondering what Dreamz got for a tie at 2nd place, $50K? If that is true, he made off with over $110K in cash and prizes.

As for Dreamz giving the truck back, Yao told him in the last council, that the truck was his, he was not expecting it back. Yao understood he was played.

As for Yao loosing $1M; Yao is a profressor at Berkley, I am guessing he has a six figure a year job, and the money wasn't really his goal, but just to win.

There are only a few people I can really remember from past Survivors, Elizabeth Hasselbeck (most successful alumni, and my girlfriend, she just don't know it), Rob & Amber, Rupert, Richard Hatch (someone's b*tch in prison now); and now Yao will be one of the most unforgettable people.

BRING ON "BIG BROTHER"!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                            Museum CPA
                            • Apr 14, 2003

I really don't think of people's need for money when it comes to who is most deserving.

Yao played a good game. I don't remember him ever back stabbing anyone and was very in tune with what people were thinking. I thought it was a brilliant move on his part when he dug up the individual immunity idol and then make a phoney one (wrap it back up and rebury it). I was hoping someone would have found it and tried to play at one of the councils.

He also knew something was up and played his idol when there was enough suspicion that he was on the chopping block....perfect timing.

I'm sure he was in too much pain to think about it but I would have asked Dreamz to let go of the bar and allow him to win immunity when it was down to the two of them (he would have known right then whether or not the trust was broken).

I realize at the end of the day it is all a game and Yao did use the truck as a strategic move. Dreamz might have walked away with $100K or so worth of prized in money but lost any type of integrity in the process. On the other hand, I would be willing to bet that Yao will get some future endorsement or success that will surpass what he lost to someone who in my opinion went beyond the parameters of the game. Sort of reminds me of that blonde haired guy who was skunking everyone a few seasons ago and even had a friend come on the show and fake tell him that his grandmother died to get sympathizers when it never happened (can't even remember his name now).

I guess that's why I would never do well on a show like that and probably why I chose Accounting as a profession. There are just certain ethical and integrity boundaries I would never cross even if it is a game about money.
                            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                              Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                              • Nov 12, 2005

I wasn't saying Yao shouldn't have won or Dreamz should have won because of their different needs for money, I was just saying that Yao most likely don't need the money and his main goal was to win for the sake of winning, while Dreamz and everyone else, had the $1M goal in their mind as the goal the whole time.

I was pulling for Yao or Earl (and Boo, a local from around here) for the 2nd half of the season. I couldn't stand Dreamz from day one.

I forgot about the guy and his "dead" grandmother. That was Johnny Fairplay. That was the lowest thing anyone had ever done on the show.

The reason I said I would have done exactly what Dreamz did was because Yao made the offer. It came out of the blue and Dreamz had nothing to do with it. Yao gambled on someone's integrity in a game where lying is norm and lost. Jeff even said when Yao made the offer that the agreement can not be enforced, and it was Yao's risk.

I think almost every winner so far says the game cannot be won without losing some game integrity. You have to lie, cheat, and backstab to win. Thats what makes the show interesting. You have to check your integrity hat at the door. It is nothing but a chess game.
                              Last edited by theantiquetiger; May 15, '07, 3:09 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎