Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever see Mego Super hero re-issues?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

Will we ever see Mego Super hero re-issues?

Do you guys think we will ever see the entire line or even any of the mego super heroes made again? Like re-issues? Sort of like how Gi- joe came back? Or the mad monsters?

I know many say it will hurt the value of the old toys, but i wouldnt mind having a mint carded kid flash again!!!
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

I don't see it ever happening. Someone like EMCE might consider making golden age heroes that are in the public domain, but as for the DC/Marvel properties, I can't see it ever happening.
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

The licence would be out of their pricerange unfortunately.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Even if it were to happen I'd much rather see characters that weren't made but should have been, Green Lantern, Flash, Doc Doom, Red Skull and so on. Don't think it'll happen though.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

The likelyhood is highly AGAINST seeing re-issues, especially of the Marvel / DC properties. Of course the Star Trek re-issues are a step in the right direction (an advancement of CTVT obtaining licensed figures a couple years ago), but it is a big leap to the WGSH line. Tarzan might be possible though.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

I wouldn't count on any superheroes, but CTVT already reissued the Mad Monsters, they even released a second series of monsters
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

As much as I would LOVE to see the WGSH's reissued(it would be a dream come true)...I don't ever see it happening.

Now...POTA's on the other Hand...I could see EMCE going after that sometime in the Future. Why not? Nobody is doing anything with it right now.
              sigpic

Comment

• mikeoz
                Mego Maker
                • Mar 9, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                As much as I would LOVE to see the WGSH's reissued(it would be a dream come true)...I don't ever see it happening.

Now...POTA's on the other Hand...I could see EMCE going after that sometime in the Future. Why not? Nobody is doing anything with it right now.
                I agree. It wouldn't be economically feasible to go after the rights to WGSH because they are still popular (i.e. there are still WGSH toys being produced by the major toy manufacturers). POTA is definitely a possibility, though.
                Looking for:
                Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• AAAAA
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 28, 2005

Not going to happen, DC marvel will not share profit(EXAMPLE: relunach of Captian Action. where PM almost had the deal in hand with DC.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

DC Direct was apparently considering doing repros of their Megos, but opted to do the 13" line instead.

I was going to say that Mattel and Hasbro's holding of the master license for DC and Marvel would never allow such a thing...BUT right now Art Asylum/Diamond are making both DC and Marvel mini-mates, and the Tonner doll company has both Spider-Man and DC dolls being released at the same time. And in the last few years, Mattel has released both DC and Marvel Barbies in very similar packaging.

So if the repro Star Trek line went over like gangbusters, it's not outside the realm of reason to think Diamond may be able to broker something with DC and Marvel. Obviously they already have a good relationship with both.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                      it is far from impossible. But in order to be a fast hit and survive the discount rack, old popular standards like Spidey, Supes and Batman will have to be made first.

TOTALLY AGREE!! In fact...a couple of Year's ago, Marty Abrams pictched this Idea to the Toy Companie's of a limited release(possibly DC Direct?) of a Couple of the CORE Character's(Batman being #1). They didn't go for it back then...but as Bob Dylan said..."The times, they are a changing".
                      sigpic

Comment

• kept back
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 2, 2002

[QUOTE=Bat Hero;34788]I had no idea that the Golden Age Heroes were public domain...
                        QUOTE]

I may be mistaken, but I believe some characters like the Lev Gleason Daredevil, Timely's Angel, the Green Laama, 3-D Man, etc...are public domain characters. Not the Alan Scott GL or Jay Garrick Flash or any JSA/Invaders types. Those are registered DC or Marvel properties.
                        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• batmanmc
                          mego batman collector
                          • Jun 22, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                          TOTALLY AGREE!! In fact...a couple of Year's ago, Marty Abrams pictched this Idea to the Toy Companie's of a limited release(possibly DC Direct?) of a Couple of the CORE Character's(Batman being #1). They didn't go for it back then...but as Bob Dylan said..."The times, they are a changing".
                          i would like to see them made but would agree batman superman and spiderman would hav3e to be first to give the line a chacne then maybe the new titans . this would bring in some new audiences. mike

Comment

• Spyweb007
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 18, 2006

DC and Marvel characters aren't the only superheroes around. There many other comic companies and smaller publishers which would be less expensive to license from, and it would be cool to see mego superheroes again even if they weren't from the big two.

Digital Webbing presents is an anthology comic that's going on three or four years of publishing now, plenty of characters for a line of superheroes there.

Comment

• rikitikitavi
                              Museum Mongoose
                              • Aug 15, 2003

I think it is very possible. It would be billed as a nostalgic line of the first WGSH figures made. It would not interfere with sales of modern examples and would make money within its own genre of collectible.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎