X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kresge1
    Museum_Bozo
    • Jun 20, 2001

Secret identity Neck markings

Just curious as to whats the story with the back of necks for the SI figures.I have heard so many things over the years.Should there be any markings on the back of the necks? Can there be rub marks(factory) w/some barely noticeable copyright info? Can any of the heads have copyright info?
    Thank you
    Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures
  • kresge1
    Museum_Bozo
    • Jun 20, 2001

If anyone could provide pics of the back of the necks on there figures.It would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

I have a Peter Parker, Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne, and a Don figure (not a Kent though) All are excellent condition

The Parker, Grayson and the Wayne all have the same coffee color to them as opposed to the normal color between t1 and t2 these are different.

The Don is indeed a type 1 head with absolutely NO copyright info or traces thereof.

Parker and Wayne are the same way (absolutely NO copyright info or traces thereof)

I also have a Removable mask Robin (1 of 5) currently in my collection which has the exact same tone as the SI's (coffee in color, not your typical t1 fleshtone). Both the Grayson figure and the RMR have copyright info on the back of the neck.

I have followed any Dick Grayson figure I've seen on Ebay and asked members I knew who owned them and every time I have found it to have the copyright info.

I've heard several stories about the Superman's having faint info on the back. But on my Don and the Wayne and Parker, absolutely NO trace.

And that coffee/olive color to me is key. It is hard to explain but if I get a chance I'll photo them and post them.
      Last edited by hobub; Aug 25, '07, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

i have nver heard of a rm robin or dg without copyright info. i have a few what im guessing superman ehads with faint or no markings . i have a couple rc batmans with the amrkings. the bruce wayne didnt have markings is what i have been told of anyone i know whos owned one. mike

Comment

• kresge1
          Museum_Bozo
          • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by hobub
          I have a Peter Parker, Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne, and a Don figure (not a Kent though) All are excellent condition

The Parker, Grayson and the Wayne all have the same coffee color to them as opposed to the normal color between t1 and t2 these are different.

The Don is indeed a type 1 head with absolutely NO copyright info or traces thereof.

Parker and Wayne are the same way (absolutely NO copyright info or traces thereof)

I also have a Removable mask Robin (1 of 5) currently in my collection which has the exact same tone as the SI's (coffee in color, not your typical t1 fleshtone). Both the Grayson figure and the RMR have copyright info on the back of the neck.

I have followed any Dick Grayson figure I've seen on Ebay and asked members I knew who owned them and every time I have found it to have the copyright info.

I've heard several stories about the Superman's having faint info on the back. But on my Don and the Wayne and Parker, absolutely NO trace.

And that coffee/olive color to me is key. It is hard to explain but if I get a chance I'll photo them and post them.
          Len
          Thank you.I have all four and all but Clark has that coffe tint to it.PP and Bruce have no copyright info,Robin does have marking on the neck
          Clark is very light colored ,reminiscent of the 1st issue Large S superman and he has some faint markings

Can the members who have these in their collections please contribute picture to this thread??
          Last edited by kresge1; Aug 26, '07, 7:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Wildstar
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

This is just my opinion, but I believe it to be pretty much fact~ Clark, Bruce, are acceptable and came with markings and without markings~ Dick always has markings~

The only figure that should never have markings is Peter, because a Shazam head was used and the DC Markings had to be removed since Peter is a Marvel character~

I have had, and have seen a fair amount of alter-egos, and since no one truly knows for sure, those rules should be pretain to owning alter-egos~

You heard it here 1st

Wildstar~

Comment

• kresge1
              Museum_Bozo
              • Jun 20, 2001

Thanks to everyone who reponded

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

Bump. I now have a Clark Kent. The head has the same coffee color as the others. This should be documented. (Perhaps it is in Imp's book, which I will be getting later this month). This figure is missing his glasses but as Noah described, the figure is mint and has the mego tags. It complies to all Dave's Accessory check references to verify that it is correct and real. I can bring them to MegoMeet to show them to everyone. But I would suggest that everyone who has these, compare the heads to the counterpart s/h ego heads they have and verify it for yourself. The heads are type 1 and the pigment seems to lack a certain amoung of red which causes the other to have a more pinkish peach complexion. The Coffee color in which I refer is somewhere close to a Frappacino color from the bottled Starbuks drink. I also must say that I do see some very faint markings on the back of the neck but I've compared it to my Don (who had absolutely no trace of the markings, two type two heads (which are tanner but with the red pigment and three type 1 heads which are all ligher and have that peach complexion I've described and it stands out as a different color. But it does indeed match color exact with all three other SI's in my collection.

I should also add that Don is a type 1 head and all 4 Secret identity figures are Type 1 heads as well.

Len
                Last edited by hobub; Jan 12, '08, 4:15 PM.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

The heads on my SI's lean towards the coffee side of the spectrum as Len describes. When I wrote AC pages for these characters, I couldn't confirm with certainty that all SI/AE heads conformed to this color, so I didn't include it in the pages.

If those with bagged/boxed examples could intestigate this and report back, it would be appreciated. Perhaps we can confirm this to be a rule.

Comment

• megozilla13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 10, 2002

My set is authentic as I bought them from the original owner still bagged and boxed. All are the coffe color as described. Peter and Bruce have no markings. Clark and Dick have very faint almost unreadable markings. Clark's marking are a little clearer than Dicks as I can make out the letter "n".

mikej
                    WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• sauce
                      Removed
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Bump

Any updates from anyone that we could add to this thread?

What I have seen is similar to most of the responses:
                      PP, no marking
                      DG, no marking (possibly faint faint faint?)
                      CK, faint marking
                      BW, when I get him in my hands, I'll update

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

I've owned a couple of each of the SI's and the DG is always the one with the copyright info still on the back of the neck. My new Don does not have markings on the back of the head but does look like it might have been removed with some kind of buffering device which would not surprise me if these were issued around the time of the earliest Solid box figures on T0 bodies. My Don is consistent with the early Superman head sculpt, I haven't had a chance to compare yet, but Kent would have the same sculpt as the 1st issue window box Superman but with the coffee tone. I am going on memory here but there are tiny nuances that make Large S head sculpt and 1st issue window box Supes different, but I have all these, so i will take pics and we can see if there really is that much of a difference. The decisive factor for me with the SIs is the color already mentioned. This is unique to the SI.
                        In this pic, you can see a side by side comparison of the Wayne head. Note the tonal difference between Wayne and RC Bats. RC Bats flesh tone has a more pinkish hue.
                        Last edited by clemso; Apr 13, '10, 3:04 AM.

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Anti clockwise, Don, Large S (Kresge,solid box) Superman, Clark Kent, 1st issue window box Superman, T2 white border window box Superman. The color shift of Kent is very subtle, easier to see with the naked eye, but very difficult to photograph.
                          The first photograph is taken with a flash at distance, the second is natural sun light.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                            MeGoing
                            • May 14, 2003

My, what a gorgeous picture Clem.

Comment

• sauce
                              Removed
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Beautiful! Helpful! Appreciated!
                              Thanks, Clem

Comment