X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Captain Action 3.75" Prototype

I wanted to share something that I pitched to the Captain Action people a few years ago. The idea was to do a line of action figures based on Captain Action in the 3.75" scale with vehicles and playsets. As you can see from the prototype image I was wanting to keep the design very retro, similar to what MEGO did with the Pocket Super Heroes. Unfortunately it wasn't a direction that the people at CA Enterprises wanted to take the character in so the line never got made.

• ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

That is so cool. Too bad it never got made.

I made a custom carded Captain Action from a Super Powers Superman figure. It's in the Captain Action book I believe.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• captact
      King of Super Queens!
      • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA

I made a custom carded Captain Action from a Super Powers Superman figure. It's in the Captain Action book I believe.
      You did that Scott?? Amazing!!!
      Ray

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

What a great figure!! love the decal,..looks awesome!!!!!!

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

Wow! Looks great Craig....Except for the paint detail, it really does look like Mego made it.

What else have you designed in the past....that you can show us?
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• levyguy
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 4, 2009

Thats a great Captain Action figure! I wish you could have made that line. Action Boy, dr. evil too, the Silver streak, CA Headquarters! I wish CA Enterprises let you do it- I would have gotten them!
            Very nice job- thanks for showing it to us!

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ScottA

I'd love to see a picture of the figure since I never got the book.

Originally posted by Captain
              Wow! Looks great Craig....Except for the paint detail, it really does look like Mego made it.

What else have you designed in the past....that you can show us?
              The Captain Action prototype is the only thing I've done. The 3.75" scale has always been my favorite and at some point I still want to do something in that scale.

Originally posted by levyguy
              Thats a great Captain Action figure! I wish you could have made that line. Action Boy, dr. evil too, the Silver streak, CA Headquarters! I wish CA Enterprises let you do it- I would have gotten them!
              Very nice job- thanks for showing it to us!
              Thanks!

Yeah, I had a lot of big plans for the line. I actually bought a Silver Streak to use a reference for the 3.75" version.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

That is awesome and I would certainly buy them!

Comment

• wilbs518
                  Mego Collector
                  • Jul 25, 2009

Very cool. I would buy them, too.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Very cool idea. I don't know if it would have worked though if the figure didn't sport modern articulation. So many 3 3/4 scale collectors aren't into vintage. They like modern-vintage, like the new GI Joe 25th stuff moreso than something designed to be exactly like the old lines.

But I probably would have gotten a few. I love the CA concept and characters. Great face sculpt too.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                      MeGoing
                      • May 14, 2003

That's fantastic and I would have bought one even though I am not really into that size range.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Love it!
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          Very cool idea. I don't know if it would have worked though if the figure didn't sport modern articulation. So many 3 3/4 scale collectors aren't into vintage. They like modern-vintage, like the new GI Joe 25th stuff moreso than something designed to be exactly like the old lines.

But I probably would have gotten a few. I love the CA concept and characters. Great face sculpt too.
                          Actually I think the majority of your 3.75" scale collectors are from the 80's G.I. Joe era and before. The idea was to keep the design similar to what would have been done in the 70's or early 80's so it would appeal to the collectors who were kids during those times. I could see these being done in the 80's era G.I. Joe style with the o-ring design. Those figures were a little after my time but I was always impressed with the articulation.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

I really like the retro look you went with. This could have been a great line. I certainly would have bought them.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

It looks great. Is it an all new sculpt or a kitbash? The parts look really familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎