X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

creating facial hair???

I wanted to give a "5 o'clock shadow" look for the fellow below. Any advice on how to either paint/draw or create facial hair for a 1/6? Thanks again--

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

dry brush and dab.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

Get a small stipple brush from your local art store, or if you have access to a makeup kit, there might be one there. The makeup one I used to have looked kind of like a Brillo pad, but it was used for the same thing, to create the illusion of stubble with. I've never actually seen the ones from the art store, so I don't know if they look the same. The nice thing about a makeup one is that you could cut it to a manageable size. Also, don't just start dabbing paint on the head. Practice on paper first, to see how much or how little paint you need. This is the most reliable method I've seen so far.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• REMOVED
        • Apr 26, 2024

on 1/6 figures i like to paint every tiny hair with a small brush....................and sometimes i'll put a light coat of flesh color on top of the hairs.................

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Thank you all for the tips! I just came back from Michaels with a few versions of a stipple brush and some fine detail brushes. All of these were found in their stenciling section and not in the regular paint section

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

Was able to create this below thanks to your help. I am enjoying this new hobby of mine and learning as much as possible. The flash from the camera kind of made his hair highlights look a bit more blue than grey

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎