X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Director Stephen Sommers confirmed for GI Joe film

Director Stephen Sommers who brought us the Mummy (I & II) in addition to Van Helsing will be directing GI Joe the movie, based mostly on the 80's concept figures. Heres a link to the story...

• johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

If it comes out 1/2 as good as Transformers did -should be a hit.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

awesome!! this I can't wait for...let's just see what characters they decide to put in it
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
        Stays Crunchy in Milk
        • Aug 2, 2004

Going way back, my two favorites were Snake Eyes and Rock n' Roll. Include them and everytime a plane blows up I need to see a parachute.
        Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Not a fan of Sommers. The Mummy Returns and Van Helsing were both pretty awful. Combine this with the rush job to avoid the work stoppage and this could be less than stellar. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I find Sommers makes cartoony movies that I'm not terribly fond of, I have friends who disagree though.

All said, there is a good chance he can make a successful movie based on a toy line/ cartoon series.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

The Pirates of the Caribbean guy is doing the screenplay. That reduced the chance of total suckatude right there. Thankfully they are totally ditching the Rex storyline where Cobra Commander is a mutated ex-GI JOE member. That was really cringe worthy. Not to mention the people previously working on it also didn't want to include Snake Eyes because they didn't know how to handle a blind character.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

scroll down for a synopsis. Cobra lead by a Scottish arms dealer? Brussells based team? http://comicbookresources.com/news/n...m.cgi?id=11704
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, they said want to make GI JOE an international anti-terrorism task force to make it more appealing to the overseas markets. A bit of a PC cop out but still far less cringe worthy than the previous idea. It will probably still suck but still far less than the previous script.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎