Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel Corgi Scale "66" Batmobile...when?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Mattel Corgi Scale "66" Batmobile...when?

I know that Mattel is doing 3 size's on the TV Batmobile...the 1st(Hotwheels scale)which has already come out...but the 2nd I believe(and I could be wrong)is much closer to the "Corgi" scale Batmobile. Does anyone know of a release date for this one? Thanks, Dane.
    sigpic
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Hey Bat. Check out this link. Apparently the biggest of the pack (the 1:18 scale) is available for pre-order (release date mid Oct.). Prepare for some sticker shock...$79.00

pg游戏以打造“中国造纸包装第一品牌”为愿景,聚焦 “碳达峰、碳中和”与 “限塑令”,实施了“以草代木”原料制胜战略,建成了生物机械浆项目,开辟了造纸原料新途径,并积极推进功能卡纸、智慧多式联运物流中心、生物基新材料研究院等项目,大力实施了科技创新、原料制胜、人才战略,实现产业规模化升级,以创新发展、转型发展、开放发展、低碳发展的新步伐昂首迈进新时代。

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

darn $79.00? what the hell is wrong with these people...Talk about milking collectors for every penny
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

like you will even see one at retail. All the HW scalpers will be selling them on ebay for 100 bucks.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

OUCH...that's Hefty!!! But I'll still buy it! But I'm mostly looking for the 1:43rd Scale(Corgi size maybe?). So...I clicked "Buy it now"...and it says out Stock, would You like to back order????? I didn't know They were out!? And I check eBay all the time!
          sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

its cool. not sure ill spend that much on it though. mike

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
              I know that Mattel is doing 3 size's on the TV Batmobile...the 1st(Hotwheels scale)which has already come out...but the 2nd I believe(and I could be wrong)is much closer to the "Corgi" scale Batmobile. Does anyone know of a release date for this one? Thanks, Dane.
              I've got an account with Mattel and the "Corgi" scale is not listed for order, only the larger 1/18 scale. I've been checking for months so I'm starting to think that this particular scale has been canceled.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Speed Racer
                I've got an account with Mattel and the "Corgi" scale is not listed for order, only the larger 1/18 scale. I've been checking for months so I'm starting to think that this particular scale has been canceled.

Mattel paid a lot of Money to get the right's to the TV Batmobile...why wouldn't They Milk it for all it's worth...and make ALL THREE size's????? I still think the 1:43 scale is coming.
                Last edited by The Bat; Aug 25, '07, 1:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Mattel paid a lot of Money to get the right's to the TV Batmobile...why wouldn't Milk it for all it's worth...and make ALL THREE size's????? I still think the 1:43 scale is coming.
                  Maybe so but I doubt you'll see it this year. If there were plans to release it this year I honestly think it would be listed for order by now.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I know this might be a stretch, but do you think the 1:43 scale Batmobiles were identified with lead-based paint prior to release and Mattel just scrubbed that line and went on to the next scale? As much as the company is plaqued with quality control issues right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the 1:43 scale Batmobile didn't get caught up in that. Just a thought...

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                      I know this might be a stretch, but do you think the 1:43 scale Batmobiles were identified with lead-based paint prior to release and Mattel just scrubbed that line and went on to the next scale? As much as the company is plaqued with quality control issues right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the 1:43 scale Batmobile didn't get caught up in that. Just a thought...
                      That's a possibility but again, this particular scale hasn't been listed for order and I was checking on it way before the lead based paint fiasco. Maybe Mattel thinks that the 1:18 scale will be enough to satisfy collectors and decided against producing the 1:43 scale. If that's the case, which hopefully it's not, they made a huge mistake considering how popular the original Corgi version is with collectors.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Speed Racer
                        Maybe Mattel thinks that the 1:18 scale will be enough to satisfy collectors and decided against producing the 1:43 scale. If that's the case, which hopefully it's not, they made a huge mistake considering how popular the original Corgi version is with collectors.

Amen Brother! That's the Main reason I want the 1:43rd scale so BAD! I grew up with the Corgi...but now They're so Darned expensive, I can't afford an Original.
                        sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

You can also pre-order from Monsters in Motion:

Ask them about scales. I only see the 1:18 listed and not the standard smallest size.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Amen Brother! That's the Main reason I want the 1:43rd scale so BAD! I grew up with the Corgi...but now They're so Darned expensive, I can't afford an Original.
                            Same here. Luckily I've still got the one I had as a kid and it's in pretty good shape but I'd like to have something similar that's near mint to mint.

If you have the skills here's a site that gives information on how to restore a vintage Corgi Batmobile.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

I loved the Corgi Batmobiles as a kid. I think I went through two of them. The K-Mart's (where I lived) seemed to carry a lot of them, the Batcopter, Batboat, the trailer, the sets, etc. Anyhow, they were so much fun and I cannot afford an original, either. It would be nice to see another in 1:43 scale. Didn't Corgi release a 1:43 scale Batmobile in the last two or three years?

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎