X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

Buck Rogers Starfighter price?

I've been contemplating collecting the 3 3/4" Buck Rogers line. Most of the figures are relatively inexpensive, but the Starfighter is another story. First of all, I seldom see a complete loose starfighter on ebay. Second, the boxed Starfighters are extremely expensive. Anyone know what the going price is range for a loose Starfighter?
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Star Fighters are real desirable, I think their collectability transcends the Mego thing and goes onto to Sci Fi fans. Mint loose complete they can be pricey but buying a couple of lots to piece one together proves less expensive.

As I recall they're always missing those caps in the front.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mikeoz
      Mego Maker
      • Mar 9, 2007

Thanks for the advice. I do see quite a few parts of Starfighters in lots.
      Looking for:

Comment

• YANOULI
        Part-Time Timelord
        • Jan 9, 2006

I got a loose complete starfighter about 6 months ago on ebay for $35.
        It's in pretty good condition, although the front gun and engine cones have splits in them.
        " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Rob Disney
          • Dec 20, 2009

Yes, I agree, there are "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" fans who don't even collect toys or Megos who want them. Having the Mego Starfighter back in the day, and collecting on Buck Rogers original costumes and props now days I have been watching them for years and they just don't seem to show up much. I would definatly consider them rare. Plus they break easily, when compared to Kenner Star Wars toys the plastic seemed very fragile, which may add to their scarcity.

It seems that you see the Draconian ship more often, maybe less desirable as the Starfighter has such as classic look. The gray plastic fronts and engines should be a Dr. Mego replacement part.
          "Your future is what you make of it, so make it a good one" (Doc. B BTTF pt. III)

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

I bought a Starfighter and Maurauder from 1 seller a few years back and paid $100.00 for each ship. Then the guy emails me and says, "Y'know, they go for much more than that." Like I'm going to give you more money just for the pleasure of buying them from him? So I pointed out a new auction that week from another seller who had each ship for $25 ea. ( Wish I had waited). Still, can't beat owning 1 each. They're nice to have.

Comment

• AcroRay
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 17, 2005

And the land-rover vehicle is almost impossible to find. I had one once, and let it go waaaaay to cheap. It was really nice, too. Shame it's so rare.
              Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
              AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
              The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
              Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• mikeoz
                Mego Maker
                • Mar 9, 2007

Originally posted by AcroRay
                And the land-rover vehicle is almost impossible to find. I had one once, and let it go waaaaay to cheap. It was really nice, too. Shame it's so rare.
                I'm still looking for a landrover.
                Looking for:

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎