X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The Empire hadn't yet struck back

1979 made for some pretty wild Star Wars toys with the sequel still months away, Kenner started deviating from the first film. I must have been getting into The Black Hole at the time because I missed out on toys like the Imperial Troop Transport. The Remote Controlled Sand Crawler was the feature attraction at a birthday party I got invited to that year, every other guest gave the kid a jawa.

Thrown in at the bottom of this page was mystery man Boba Fett, I got this doll for Christmas that year despite not knowing who he really was.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

I don't know about you guys, but that's about as good as it gets toywise for me

Nice entry Bri
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

It was the total bomb for me as a kid but as an adult, i don't have the overpowering desire to collect it again. Still, happy memories.....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

I spend a lot of money with Austin, Ed etc.---I don't have a lot of money to throw
        around...what I do...and what I recommend to many our age who have fond
        memories of VINTAGE KENNER STAR WARS is to just buy a few items here and there
        (obviously "loose" is cheaper, if you can deal), but the satisfaction potentially
        is enormous...I know it was for me...just a few items can really keep that
        connection "fresh" without feeling like you've wasted your money and display space

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I'm notoriously cheap when it comes to SW toys, I have a handful. Having my original figures doesn't hurt either.

Charlie had some very cheap 12"ers in damaged boxes last time I saw him, I don't know how I got home without them.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

awesome,I love Star Wars and always will hey doesn't that van look so out of place in that pic?
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

re: Brian's post:
              Those 12 inchers are cool---and getting them on the cheap would be great!
              (Kudos for escaping the lure of the purchase---hee-hee!)
              They take up dang space though, don't they
              Sounds like you have quite a bit of VINTAGE STAR WARS stuff already Bri--
              -that's really cool you have your original figures----
              It's such a thrill to hold something like a classic 4 inch Stormtrooper, ya know?

Ahhhh---the simple pleasures in life

hey doesn't that van look so out of place in that pic?
              If that Han's a rockin'----Chewie better not come a' knockin'!
              Last edited by huedell; Aug 22, '07, 9:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• brannon86
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 20, 2007

Empire

Cool, I had a few Empire pieces back in the day, but by the time 79 rolled around, I was 12, turning 13, and was growing out of it all. I have urges to collect things from my childhood, and its nice to have a few things, but Im over and done with collectiong huge amounts of stuff. It tends to clutter up my house, and becomes un usefull after a while. Im trying to let go alot of that stuff, and keep just a few to have for nostalgias sake.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by huedell
                  Those 12 inchers are cool---and getting them on the cheap would be great!
                  (Kudos for escaping the lure of the purchase---hee-hee!)
                  They take up dang space though, don't they
                  While I had tons of SW stuff as a kid, the only ones I collect now are the large size ones, they are very cool. Luckily they can be found cheaper than they used to. If you want ones in near mint sealed boxes, they are still very pricey, but if you are willing to accept less than perfect boxes, deals are out there. You're right, they do take up a fair amount of shelf space, especially the 15" ones.

Comment

• davidb
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2007

I've actually managed to pick up a few vintage SW things over the years. My biggest item is the Death Star, now sadly in a box due to nowhere to display it.

One thing I learned - never buy a Millennium Falcon thinking that you'll be able to pick up the missing pieces and complete it. It will never happen. Take it from one who knows.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by davidb
                      I've actually managed to pick up a few vintage SW things over the years. My biggest item is the Death Star, now sadly in a box due to nowhere to display it.

One thing I learned - never buy a Millennium Falcon thinking that you'll be able to pick up the missing pieces and complete it. It will never happen. Take it from one who knows.
                      LOL! been there and done that,so i agree
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by davidb
                        It actually happened to me one time. I used to have a Falcon that was just missing the remote ball (of course, as that's always the first piece to get lost). A couple years later, I found a well played with Falcon at a yard sale that was missing many pieces, but miraculously had the ball. I couldn't believe it was there, and I ended up with a complete Falcon (long since sold).

Comment

• megomaniac
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 10, 2006

I had more Star Wars as a kid than I knew what to do with. I had a few large figures like Luke, Han, Darth, even IG88. I loved them as a kid, then sold it ALL as a young adult (STUPID STUPID STUPID)

Now I'm back to finding all those part and figures again. And getting them loose is more fun than boxes to me, 'cause I get to relive my childhood.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

Yeah, I had so much SW stuff as a kid too..especially once ESB cames out. One really fond memory is how one year at Christmas I got the 12 inch OBWan and 15 inch Chewbacca to go with my Luke Skywalker. I got a 12 inch Han Solo one afternoon, got it out to the car and realized that his medal was missing. We went back into the store to exchange it for another, but there weren't anymore. So, I got the 12 inch Luke, instead. We never could find another Han Solo, after that. Santa couldn't either!

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Dave Mc
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 20, 2002

I love the Star Wars van in that catalog. That ROCKS!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎