X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkeyboy
    Museum Patron
    • Jul 31, 2007

working on catwoman

Heres some pics,i hope they turn out better! This is work in progress,i took mint dorothy mego figure,and batman cowl i modified so it would fit her,i have to paint it purple!
    I have to figure out which way i want to do cape ;whether to attach to a neck band or attach to green trim??
    I also have to find good green boots and belt!!I cant seem to be able to find plastic belts for females! I hand sewn costume.
    The 2nd is a robin iam making from mattel barbie friends,i am in progress of sewing tiny removable tunic and shorts! I hardened the head and sculpted mask and hair from sculptey(burnt off the ugly red hair that was on him).

just thought id share him i think he is cutesy,plan on doing the 4 teen titans;wondergirl,speedy,and aqualad in this style!
    So thanks for looking,will post updates!thanks!

Last edited by monkeyboy; Aug 21, '07, 10:08 AM. Reason: add pics
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I love the look of the Robin!! Post photos when it's done as well as the other Titans. I liked the use of the cutdown Cowl for Catwoman. It looks much better than I thought it would have. Great job.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• QDOGG
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 13, 2007

MB your customs are great but ya gotta work on that photography Catwoman looks very classic, course she needs her whip or is a a cat o' nine tails! Robin though, is kinda creepy! Don't know, maybe I will have to wait till he's done

Comment

• aquatroy
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 28, 2002

Dude, I really want to see those Titans in the "cutesy" style. They could be a lot of fun.
        Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by megocrazy
          I liked the use of the cutdown Cowl for Catwoman. It looks much better than I thought it would have. Great job.
          Gotta agree on that. Not sure about the "cute" Robin tho, but I'll wait till you're finished to pass my final judgement
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I like that little Robin,can't wait to see him finished
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• gman
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 4, 2002

That Robin head looks like a great "base" for Bat-mite. But does look like a cool project. I think that was the coolest part about kid sidekicks -- you could at 10 imagine that was you.
              Can't wait to see more on the Catwoman.
              Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

the Robin would work for Larry the Titan. And there were 4 other Titans, you forgot Kid Flash. Unless you meant the Mego line, you also forgot KF.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monkeyboy
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jul 31, 2007

thanks guys!

Thanks all for kind thoughts!iam workin on several projects including batmite in smaller scale!will update pics soon!

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  the Robin would work for Larry the Titan. And there were 4 other Titans, you forgot Kid Flash. Unless you meant the Mego line, you also forgot KF.
                  Yes like the old toon with robin,wondergirl,speedy,aqualad and kid flash!also the cyborg,raven and more from new teen titans.have a 12"aqualad,wondergirl,beastboy in works too.love to do all one of my oldtime faves!
                  Last edited by monkeyboy; Aug 21, '07, 6:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                    Vet.
                    • May 22, 2007

Thats pretty cool.I like the robin,,cant wait to see it done. Catwoman looks good too.

Comment

• brineb
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 26, 2006

The Catwoman dress looks great, I hope you finish her up and give her a whip like was suggested.

The Robin head looks VERY cool, how tall is he? I can't wait to see the Titans finished!!!

Great work, keep it up!!!
                      I also play with other dolls:
                      http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• batmanmc
                        mego batman collector
                        • Jun 22, 2004

the catwoman is well done also want to see the titan robin when finished.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

That Catwoman definately has an old style "Megoesque" look about Her...well done!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 28, 2006

They both look really nice. I really want to see how that Robin turns out though! He looks really cool

Comment

• monkeyboy
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jul 31, 2007

thanks guys

Thanks im hoping to find whip,not having any luck.yes robin is maybe 4-5 inches.ive got so many projects in dif'scales but these small titans will be faves.they remind me of adorable toddlers dressed for trick or treat!i will take pics next to my 9inch batman and 8 inch catwoman.cant wait to start my speedy!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎