X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

The son of Satan....

Just started this guy. Been on a Defenders kick.

I have a long ways to go. Just finished the grueling hair sculpt.

Some dude on here said he has a cool pentagram decal for him that will look cool. So, I will see if he is right.

Got everything from CTVTs!! Cheap and easy.

Going to paint the trident gold.

Boots are still in stages of progress also.

Last edited by Cosmicman; Dec 7, '09, 6:57 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Hair looks good, Cat
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

NEAT!

When I did mine I used a scriber to carve the pentagram into his chest, and then coloured it in with a wash of orange and yellow paint. That way it came in somewhat ill-defined; to better simulate the whole fire thing.

Don C.

Comment

• aquatroy
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by ctc
        NEAT!

When I did mine I used a scriber to carve the pentagram into his chest, and then coloured it in with a wash of orange and yellow paint. That way it came in somewhat ill-defined; to better simulate the whole fire thing.

Don C.
        I like that idea. I've always thought of the mark as this nasty scar looking thing that burst into flames when he transforms.
        Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by aquatroy
          I like that idea. I've always thought of the mark as this nasty scar looking thing that burst into flames when he transforms.
          That is the dilemea I am working on. I don't know if I want to scratch a pentagram into the doll. It is only a CTVT's body. I would be more less to do it if it was an authentic Dr. Mego body or even an original.
          Some guy on here sold me a pentagram decal that he said would look good on this doll. I sent him some money last week.
          Every day I stare at this Son of Satan custom the more and more I want to do it by either painting it or carving the chest like you said.

But...I want to wait and see if this decal is going to work. The suspense is killing me. I might just pencil one on so I quit looking at him.

I finished the cape today but it is only in yellow.

Son of Satan's cape is two sided. Red and yellow. I am going to combine it with some red fabric later on.

Comment

• aquatroy
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 28, 2002

Tattoos and scars are hard to do on customs.

I've been thinking about an Ironfist custom for a long time, but I can't get my mind around that dragon. I've seen others treat it as a tattoo, but to me the origin story makes me think it's a burn mark. Kind of like the "brands" Kwai Chang Caine had in Kung Fu, only on his chest. However, a burn mark that big on someones chest would be freakin gross. And, a tattoo that size just looks strange. Perhaps I should do the modern version with the green jumper with the black dragon and yellow boots.
            Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by aquatroy
              Tattoos and scars are hard to do on customs.

I've been thinking about an Ironfist custom for a long time, but I can't get my mind around that dragon. I've seen others treat it as a tattoo, but to me the origin story makes me think it's a burn mark. Kind of like the "brands" Kwai Chang Caine had in Kung Fu, only on his chest. However, a burn mark that big on someones chest would be freakin gross. And, a tattoo that size just looks strange. Perhaps I should do the modern version with the green jumper with the black dragon and yellow boots.
              I don't know. My buddy Brue did the Ironfist costume and had some do a fake tattoo on his chest and it didn't look bad. If it was done by a professional and looked a little more pro; I don't think it would look too bad.
              Don't think a giant tattoo on a chest or back looks good anyway but a character like Ironfist it does.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I got some miniature size fake tattoos after Halloween that I am hoping will stick to a plastic dude so I can finally add the Tattooed Man to my collection.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

I think I may have come up with the solution to Mr. Hellstorm. I'll post a pic on a bit as soon as the mod podge dries.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Well, here is the update. I am still in the process of creating a "two-toned" cape that features Damion's red and yellow cape on the oppositte sides.

The pentagram on the chest I finally found is something I finally just said to hell with it and did it. Somebody on here had a cool idea for a decal but when I put them on, they were way too small. So I had to start from scratch and just try to create the illusion of a pentagram burned in brand on a chest. Took awhile but I think I nailed it.

This is the progress so far. I have been touching up his hair with a lighter shade of reddish orange. The paints I gave them a red tint and tried to come close to some of the original Defender's art.
                    I am not a fan of the new Damion Hellstorm look. He looks like some ******bag that crawled out of Marilyn Manson's band.

This is what I got so far. Still got a ways to go....

Last edited by Cosmicman; Dec 13, '09, 5:04 PM.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Good job on the chest pentagram, looks good
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

HE HEEE!!!

Yeah; the pentagram worked pretty good! If you want to lighten his hair I'd go with a drybrushing to hilight the "horns".

Don C.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
                          HE HEEE!!!

Yeah; the pentagram worked pretty good! If you want to lighten his hair I'd go with a drybrushing to hilight the "horns".

Don C.
                          Oh yes. He isn't done yet. I have been up late last night after I got back from the recording studio and "touching up" Mr. Hellstorm's two toned cape. He is starting to take form. I can't wait to get him up in the Finished Customs area.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎