Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These guys shut me off and now they want me back.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

These guys shut me off and now they want me back.

Hi,
    Got this email today. Those of you who were in the Megosuite this year know the story and why it's so funny.

I saw your name around and thought I would invite you to join our Mego community message board. We've got hundreds of members, all collect mego's and who gather daily to shoot the breeze. We'd love to have you as a contributing member. From what I can see you've got good taste in toys. The site ( Megocentral.com ) features graphic intensive galleries, customs, a traders forum along with some of the largest collections in the world all showcased for everyone to enjoy. We try to add to our membership by invitation only so if you would like to be a part of our community we'd love to have you. I hosted a convention a few years back ( Megocon2004 ) which got this site rolling.It's been growing ever since. If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line at any time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Rob
    Megocentral.com
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

How sweet. I think my invitation was lost in the e-mail.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Is he talking about Megocentral or the Mego Museum?
      MM is growing, welcoming new members every day, hundreds of active members shoot the breeze daily and thanks to Scott the galleries are loaded with kickass graphics.

MC growing? If you count the tumbleweeds
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

That's rich. Hundreds of members?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mitchedwards
          Mego Preservation Society
          • May 2, 2003

Thanks for the laugh.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

that was funny. now i must be thankful for not getting an invitation.

Comment

• kresge1
              Museum_Bozo
              • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by megocrazy
              Hi,
              Got this email today. Those of you who were in the Megosuite this year know the story and why it's so funny.

I saw your name around and thought I would invite you to join our Mego community message board. We've got hundreds of members, all collect mego's and who gather daily to shoot the breeze. We'd love to have you as a contributing member. From what I can see you've got good taste in toys. The site ( Megocentral.com ) features graphic intensive galleries, customs, a traders forum along with some of the largest collections in the world all showcased for everyone to enjoy. We try to add to our membership by invitation only so if you would like to be a part of our community we'd love to have you. I hosted a convention a few years back ( Megocon2004 ) which got this site rolling.It's been growing ever since. If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line at any time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Rob
              Megocentral.com
              it sounds like a solicitation for S#X to me.Especially the last sentence
              Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Dude that is funny ,what was your reply?
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• dumbldor
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 9, 2002

LMAO!!!
                  Last edited by dumbldor; Aug 21, '07, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

I didn't reply. For those who don't know the story, I was a member there a while back, and posted about an issue directed at a MM member who at the time I had not yet met. I won't mention the story but I'm sure many here were aware of it. I questioned some fairly serious allegations they made against this person when some very contradictory photos were posted shortly after it started on the MC site. Basically all I said was something here doesn't look right. This was obviously a no-no in MC land as soon after my password would not allow me access to the site. Oh well. I later met the person in question and learned the reason behind it and why they may have reacted in this manner. They obviously did not realize who I am and in searching ebay found my user name and contacted me as I bid on many auctions. I didn't think replying would matter as I have no intention of returning there anyway. I just found it funny and thought I would share. CG

Originally posted by dumbldor
                    LMAO!!!
                    So was I !!!
                    Last edited by megocrazy; Aug 21, '07, 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

That's just sad on so many levels that it's not even funny. Well, on second thought, it is!
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Dave Mc
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 20, 2002

Soon you'll get a follow up. "er... um... never mind"

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

That's two different sandwiches.

Change your Ebay ID to flamingosux and then send him a note through the Ebay message system enthusiastically accepting the invite.

Comment

• dumbldor
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 9, 2002

Originally posted by stevemoore
                            That's two different sandwiches.

Change your Ebay ID to flamingosux and then send him a note through the Ebay message system enthusiastically accepting the invite.
                            Nah, change your ebay ID to ******andchappyforever and then accept.

Comment

• monkey tennis
                              "Kiss my face."
                              • Jun 8, 2007

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎