X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Marvel Secret Wars toys

Although many may not call these classic toys, they are 23 years old now. Anyway, I'm thinking of starting up a carded collection of these figures and boxed playsets (as if I'm not collecting enough things ). Anyone here collect this line? What am I looking at price wise and what are the rare or more expensive figures? Still haven't made up my mind on these so any imput would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

I am by no means an expert, but I have watched auctions for these over the past few years and it appears that by and large the line is pretty affordable. Even carded. Secret Wars doesn't seem to fetch the kinda $$$ that the Kenner Super Powers fetches (even super powers are affordable compared to toy lines like Mego). I say go for it! I've always kinda like the line, even if most consider it inferior to Super Powers.....

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

I dabble in them, you can pick up a fair number of them under $20 MOC each

Iceman, Electro, Constrictor were never sold in the USA so they go for $100+ for MOC

here are some rough numbers from what I've seen

Captain America ... under $20 MOC
      Spiderman ... about $35+
      Dr. Doom ... under $20 MOC
      Magneto ... under $20 MOC
      Iron Man ... for the most part around $30 for MOC
      Wolverine ... about $35+ (black claws about double for the most part)
      Kang ... under $20 MOC

Black Spiderman ... $50+
      Baron Zemo ... around $30 for the most part
      Daredevil ... $35+ he may be more now I haven't checked on him or the falcon much
      Falcon ... $40+
      Hobgoblin ... $50+

deals can still be found easy with all of them except for Iceman, Electro and Constrictor ... they are the Yak Face's of the Secret Wars ... get those 3 out of the way first and it's all down hill

Comment

• Grendel
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 21, 2006

Just as a reference here's a buy-it-now for Iron Man, Dr Doom and Dr Octopus, all three carded for $50 with free shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SECRET-WARS-DR-O...QQcmdZViewItem

The seller has Zemo, Daredevil and Captain America for $65 in another auction.

I can remember (back in the day) trading a guy three or four of the Marvel Toy Biz figures for a carded Hobgoblin through an ad he had placed in Comic Buyer's Guide - ended up getting a couple of Hobgoblins that way. Ah, pre-internet days...

Comment

• The Sentry
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 3, 2007

What a great line! I loved the little "secret shields" only thing I didn't like was the same molds were made for the cycles, the tower of Doom I still have, 1984 what a great year for toys! The Super Power figures were always having sleepovers at the tower! Cap and Supes were tight back in them days in my room while "The Cars" were blaring on the radio! Ahhhhhhhh, being a kid ruled! Another beef I had with the line was an obvoius one.........where the eff was the Hulk?
          sigpic
          http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
          [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

where the eff was the Hulk?
            That was a huge oversight. I think the Hulk may have helped keep the line alive. Every kid knew who the Hulk was, thanks to the live action and animated series. But if you didn't read comics, that second wave of black Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Falcon must have really had you scratching your head.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks forthe feedback and info guys!

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

I loved these as a kid and use to collect them until recently,the prices that RussG put are pretty much right on the money
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Cool figures...I feel bad I don't own them
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• kresge1
                    Museum_Bozo
                    • Jun 20, 2001

I love this line.I am missing the big three for a complete set.I came across some odd secret wars toys a few years ago.I am selling my doubles on Ebay
                    Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Funny these are the figures that started my Adult toy collection I use to have most of them Now I just own Black Spidey,Wolverine,Ironman and Daredevil.

I started buying these because of Wolverine if I'm not mistaken that was the first time Wolverine was made into an action figure.

Comment

• Grendel
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 21, 2006

This set also marked Hobgoblin's first appearance.

Thought for a moment it might have been Daredevil's as well and then remembered the Marx Marvel heroes...

Interesting, now that I start thinking about it. Characters like Doctor Doom, Electro, Kang, Iceman, Baron Zemo... was this their first appearance?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Actually, it'd be easier to list the Secret Wars characters that DIDN'T have their first action figure appearance in the line. Only Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, and Falcon had seen articulated plastic before. Sure there were Marx figures and various other "plastic statues" of many of them, but SW marked the first appearance of just about everyone in that line.

Of course, Super Powers did the same thing for DC characters. Hard to imagine, but Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman and Brainiac (among many others) had never had action figures before SP.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Grendel
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 21, 2006

Daredevil's radar sense - threat detected!

Who are you calling unarticulated? See this billy club? Why, if I could move my arms, then...

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 28, 2007

I loved SW as a kid. The vehicles and playsets were kind of lame though. I remember how excited I was when I found Daredevil and Wolverine at Sears. Those were me 2 favorite characters at the time behind Cap.

I also remember when my older brother surprised me one day after school with a gift. Black Spidey!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎