Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone read the Timothy Zahn Star Wars novels?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Anyone read the Timothy Zahn Star Wars novels?

I read the original Thrawn trilogy of novels back when they were first released and love them. Recently, I found out that Zahn had returned to the Star Wars prose universe in the past decade and there were about a half dozen more books following up on threads and characters such as the insane Jedi Master, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade.

I just finished Outbound Flight and I'm starting Allegiance.

Anyone read these and have suggestions on which one I should read next? I understand Spector of the Past follows up Outbound Flight in the post movie Trilogy Timeline.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • monkeyboy
    Museum Patron
    • Jul 31, 2007

awsome books

i started with them and then dozens of dozens of others in that time frame.very great series if you get a later book it will tell you in front all the different books and in what order you should read!
    Do your self a huge favor,buy buy the lot on ebay or get at library,these are about $8.00 new each(except hardcover)if you go to sciencefictionbookclub they sell 3 books in one or used too!
    Enjoy the books those,rama,and deathlands were some of my faves!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Steeler80
      Mayor of Strunk
      • Jun 29, 2001

I've read the first trilogy recently and really liked the books (other than I picked up on Zahn's habit of having to go--Han retorted ruefully instead of just going Han said--personal preference there).

I've been meaning to check out the other novels he's got out.

Comment

• davidb
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2007

I enjoyed them, but IIRC, Spectre of the Past and Ghost of the Future (?) read pretty much like the end of the original Star Wars run. From there you launch into the whole new series where they're fighting that alien race that seems to be unstoppable - Yuzhan Vong or something like that.

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

I don't read Star Wars books really, although I did read Zahn's first trilogy and really liked it. Since Lucas isn't going there it's kind of fun to see someone doing it. I have to pick just one author to follow though, otherwise the timeline get's confusing for me, everyone probably goes in different direction. I'd be interested in reading the rest of Zahn's SW books if they are any good.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎