X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

need some 1/6 scale help and information

This is not Mego related, but I know of no better place to ask. Aside from Ebay, does anyone know where I might be able to find

a 1/6 outfit such as the one below (ww2 US paratrooper)

and a pitchfork in scale for a 1/6 to hold?

Thanks again

Actually might as well ask. I am trying to create the killer from the 1980's horror film "the Prowler". I still need a "doll" body though. The head is not that important because he will be wearing a mask. I know most of you can recommend a body type that is made half way decent and not something that the plastic will start to dissolve over time
    Last edited by mazinz; Jan 21, '10, 1:53 AM. Reason: more info
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

ultimate soldier made that airborn outfit
    gi joe fire fly has a pull over mask.
    and a barbie might have a pich fork

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Thanks! Does Ultimate soldier hjave a website or is there some place online where i can purchase this?

If you ever saw the film, the head piece he wore is very odd because it is seen in quick shots and even then you are not exactly sure what you are looking at (looks like some sort of gas mask covered in a camo scarf of some kind and in most shots his eyes are totally hidden as well. You can only see Camo.)

later searching I did find these on ebay and with a combo of the two is almost a dead ringer for the get up he had on

and this camo face veil for the rest of his head and partial face and I think we have it

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by mazinz
        Thanks! Does Ultimate soldier hjave a website or is there some place online where i can purchase this?

If you ever saw the film, the head piece he wore is very odd because it is seen in quick shots and even then you are not exactly sure what you are looking at (looks like some sort of gas mask covered in a camo scarf of some kind and in most shots his eyes are totally hidden as well. You can only see Camo.)

later searching I did find these on ebay and with a combo of the two is almost a dead ringer for the get up he had on

and this camo face veil for the rest of his head and partial face and I think we have it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
        Yeah I have the DVD its a gas mask
        you can possiable get everything you need here
        http://www.elitebrigade.com

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

AHHH I missed your link! I did look at the Ultimate soldier version (amazon, ebay) but the jacket was a little off around the collar (the Prowler had a higher collar piece).

I then found this (possibly custom made?) that is the WW2 paratrooper outfit and it does have the higher collar design like the Prowler wore. Singapore, but a good rating so I took a chance. I will now have to also check out the site you listed.

At any rate this is what I just snagged off ebay:

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by AAAAA
            Yeah I have the DVD its a gas mask
            you can possiable get everything you need here
            http://www.elitebrigade.com
            they have the uniform for 9.00 dollars.
            but that one you got is closer
            Last edited by AAAAA; Dec 5, '09, 8:20 PM.

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

they have the uniform for 9.00 dollars.
              I did a search for paratrooper but the one the site listed for 9.00 is not what I would be after. However they do have one and I think it is the same version I bought off ebay and for the same price

this one (clicking on their search link brought me to it)

the site you gave me is great!

Comment

• AAAAA
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 28, 2005

I did a search for paratrooper but the one the site listed for 9.00 is not what I would be after. However they do have one and I think it is the same version I bought off ebay and for the same price

this one (clicking on their search link brought me to it)

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart...=GINL%2DM42003
                Yeah your is closer , the Gas mask looks like a gas mask/hood combo from what i remenber from the DVD
                modern chemical mask. Remenber he in law enforment.

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

yes that is exactly what it appears to be. Zito on the commentary mentioned how he wanted the beginning of the film to really be authentic to life in the 1940's. Since we first see the Prowler then I figured they might have used a real uniform for him (which we found), but man that head piece had me (and quite a number of others who had no idea either exactly what the
                  hell that thing was) going for a while. It was by a search fluke on ebay for 1/6 stuff that I even found the cloth German ww2 mask I listed in one of the above post. Once I saw that in the pic using one of the seller's 1/6 figures I knew exactly what the Prowler was wearing. I then did more searching for camo scarf and found the other one (the German gas/face mask is only a half head mask). Now I can put on the German mask and then wrap that scarf around his head, get a helmet and there we go!

it also does not help that on the box and posters you would think he is wearing a black uniform (or is zombie like as it looks like rotted skin around his head) when in fact that is not true at all

What a costly pain in the ***
                  Last edited by mazinz; Dec 5, '09, 8:35 PM.

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

Believe G I joe made a M.O.P.P. suit with that very same hoodie /gas mask

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

War-toys.com. they part out all sorts of Dragon and other figures, should be what you need there.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 2, 2007

Believe G I joe made a M.O.P.P. suit with that very same hoodie /gas mask
                        interesting, though I am sure they might have made a camo version(?). Hmm that M.o.p.p. hood with the ebay camo scarf, god this is annoying. Would have loved it if Zito at least gave mention to what kind of uniform the Prowler was wearing

thanks for the m.o.p.p. info

Will see how everything looks once I put it all together.

In the meantime that M.o.p.p. hood is giving me an idea for a custom Auger from the Sega cd game Night Trap

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        War-toys.com. they part out all sorts of Dragon and other figures, should be what you need there.
                        Thank you for the link to check out!
                        Last edited by mazinz; Dec 5, '09, 8:44 PM.

Comment

• AAAAA
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 28, 2005

interesting, though I am sure they might have made a camo version(?). Hmm that M.o.p.p. hood with the ebay camo scarf, god this is annoying. Would have loved it if Zito at least gave mention to what kind of uniform the Prowler was wearing

thanks for the m.o.p.p. info

Will see how everything looks once I put it all together.

In the meantime that M.o.p.p. hood is giving me an idea for a custom Auger from the Sega cd game Night Trap

Thank you for the link to check out!
                          Is it a scarf or camo ascot ?which elite carries

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

seems like I've seen the pitchforks at Micheals for dolls or something.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

Is it a scarf or camo ascot ?which elite carries
                              Not sure exactly. The auction had it as

"Camo Face Veil"

and you can see that it is not solid but transparent like (the 1/6 one I purchased). In some shots of the film when you could kind of get a glimpse of the Prowlers face, this (or something very much like it) indeed did appear to be worn.

Actually I wonder if they switched his head piece a little? In one quick shot you can see the gas mask like eyes and in much of the others some sort of fabric totally around his head (where you cannot seei n ,but he can see out)

The film gives us really only 3 good shots of the face/head

this being:
                              1. in the beginning when he is walking towards the Heroine down the hall
                              2. Later on when he hands her the rose
                              3. The ending (which I do not want to spoil) but when he finally removes the head gear

I was skimming the dvd, but can easily take a snap shot of these scenes.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              seems like I've seen the pitchforks at Micheals for dolls or something.
                              This would be awesome if they still carry it. I do have a Michaels not far from me, and thanks again for another tip

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎