X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

New Titans East.

Not really interested given the creative team (Judd Winick) and line-up.

Somehow I think Cyborg deserves better than to be standing in the back of this crowd.

He's the one guy who I think deserves to be promoted up to the Justice League if they are going to remove him from the Teen Titans book.

Think about it. TWO animated series (Super Powers and Teen Titans). TWO recent appearances in Smallville. TWO successful Teen Titan relaunches (the original run with Perez and Wolfman and the most recent incarnation by Geoff Johns). A Super Powers Action Figure back in the eighties, as well as huge piles of recent Teen Titans animated merchandising. Solid B-Lister ready to break through to the next level (ala Luke Cage or Power Girl) if there ever was one. It would be a shame for him to slip back down to the C-List.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Wow that team looks like crap...Winick is on the book....Oh Hell no.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

ok, who's the twit in the front with the Power Girl chest cut out?? That look really doesn't work for guys. Yeesh, what a bunch of crappola.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        ok, who's the twit in the front with the Power Girl chest cut out?? That look really doesn't work for guys. Yeesh, what a bunch of crappola.
        I believe that's Power Boy? Some supporting goof from Supergirl's series...
        As for the rest of them I recognize Cyborg, obviously, and the female Hawk and Dove team. Who are the other losers though? Is that Beast Boy? Reminds me of Bug from Micronauts crossed with an Atlantean.
        Bad enough this team looks like a bunch of cornballs but then throw Winnick's writing in the mix and you've got a crap book for sure. Once Geoff Johns left the Titans book it started to tank/stank anyway...
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Lagoon Boy from Young Justice I think. The only cool bit there is Son of Vulcan and Hawk and Dove. Power Boy?/ You've got to be kidding, stupidest thing ever.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

THAT'S Son of Vulcan? Since when?

Comment

• davidb
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2007

I feel the same way. I love the Titans. I've loved tracking down the Silver Age stuff, loved the Wolfman/Perez work, and still even read and tried to find positives in the post-100 New Titans, Jurgens team, and the Faerber run. I've felt rewarded for my loyalty by the main Titans book.

And then they give a shot to one by Judd Winick.

I know I'll pick it up, but it'll likely be for 50 cents combined with some other stuff in an Ebay order.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

I don't see how Winnick keeps getting work at DC...I never hear any favorable response to his work. Same thing with his college roomate, Brad Meltzer. I just don't get it....

Comment

• Customslab

i may give it a shot

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Lagoon Boy from Young Justice I think. The only cool bit there is Son of Vulcan and Hawk and Dove. Power Boy?/ You've got to be kidding, stupidest thing ever.
                    Lagoon Boy was a new Aqualad stand-in created by Eric Larson when he took over Aquaman from Peter David. Despite that awkward starting point, I really liked the way he was written in the Young Justine No Man's Land Special and his guest appearances in Young Justice. Unfortunately the arrival of a new Aquagirl kind of knocked him out of the running in the same way that Mia/Speedy's arrival pretty much relegated Arrowette/Cissie to obscurity.

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    THAT'S Son of Vulcan? Since when?
                    I had no idea who this was until I googled him just now.

Power Boy was just one of dozens of seemingly throw-away characters created by Geoff Johns to move in and out of The Teen Titans during the One Year Later Gap during 52.

Who'd of thought that he actually had legs once other writers picked up on him?

I guess he's just one among a crowd of forgettable awkward Teen sidekick wannabe's like Little Barda, Bombshell, Molecule, Young Frankenstein etc.

The one OYL 52 Gap Titan that does intrigue me is Talon who is supposedly the sidekick of Earth 3/Crime Syndicate's Owlman.
                    Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 21, '07, 1:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Young Frankenstein? Now that actually sounds interesting.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
                        Now that's the Son of Vulcan I remember. Notice a young Dave Cockrum's byline on the front cover...that's cool!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Cyborg does deserve better. He was one of the first major super heroes who just happened to be black, and not "black" to be "urban" or "street" (see Luke Cage or Black Lightning).

I have enjoyed the Johns Titans and I'll stick around and try the new guys, but Winnick just isn't my cup of tea.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

hmmm,.. I might try it. I do like the fact that Both Hawk & Dove are girls now,.. I was always a fan of the OG characters. Who's the chick in the purple ? ... But I dunno,.. I like the Titans East that Deathstroke created better. They for the most part were all Baddies,.. the team was a lot better than the characters shown here. Cyborg & Beastboy kinda got screwed IMO with the whole "one yr later" crap in the DC universe. So Did Impulse/Kid Flash/Flash/Bart Allen. So I take it since Cyborg is headed over to the East book,.. then Donna Troy is sticking around in the Titans book as thier mentor ? & Whats going on with Starfire ? Is her character comming back to any of these books ? She was hanging with the Outsiders with Dick, .. however she is not in Batmans Outsiders line up,.. or atleast there is no pic of her ?.
                            Last edited by BlackKnight; Aug 23, '07, 12:48 PM. Reason: misspelled word
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ What is the final line up for BATO?? Well besides Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎